- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Warren Sapp used to bully Chidi Ahanotu, says Keyshawn Johnson
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Sapp, who earlier said Martin made the right decision to go public with the issue, apparently harassed fellow defensive lineman Ahanotu for six years while they played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One day Ahanotu had enough, and he challenged the seven-time Pro Bowler to a physical altercation, which caused Sapp to back down and earned the respect of teammates.
In response to Johnson’s comments, Ahanotu explained to the same radio station in San Francisco that Sapp liked to bully everyone in the Buccaneers facility .
“Talking about my dad, and that’s when I said, ‘OK, that’s it man.’ I grabbed my helmet and I was about to beat his head in,” Ahanotu admitted.
The event goes to show that cases of bullying in the NFL are likely never reported, and victims are often left to fend for themselves. Sapp has earned a reputation as a hothead, but one can only imagine his behavior in the chaos of the Oakland Raiders’ locker room from 2004 to 2007.
Photo Credit: Gerald Herbert / Associated Press
Latest posts by Rui Thomas (see all)
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus - July 29, 2014
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks - July 28, 2014
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations - July 27, 2014