- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Warren Sapp used to bully Chidi Ahanotu, says Keyshawn Johnson
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Sapp, who earlier said Martin made the right decision to go public with the issue, apparently harassed fellow defensive lineman Ahanotu for six years while they played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One day Ahanotu had enough, and he challenged the seven-time Pro Bowler to a physical altercation, which caused Sapp to back down and earned the respect of teammates.
In response to Johnson’s comments, Ahanotu explained to the same radio station in San Francisco that Sapp liked to bully everyone in the Buccaneers facility .
“Talking about my dad, and that’s when I said, ‘OK, that’s it man.’ I grabbed my helmet and I was about to beat his head in,” Ahanotu admitted.
The event goes to show that cases of bullying in the NFL are likely never reported, and victims are often left to fend for themselves. Sapp has earned a reputation as a hothead, but one can only imagine his behavior in the chaos of the Oakland Raiders’ locker room from 2004 to 2007.
Photo Credit: Gerald Herbert / Associated Press
Latest posts by Rui Thomas (see all)
- Raiders season preview 2014: What to expect from the Silver and Black - September 2, 2014
- Raiders shock the world in preseason finale vs Seahawks - August 29, 2014
- Raiders face more questions after preseason loss to Packers - August 23, 2014