- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
Warren Sapp used to bully Chidi Ahanotu, says Keyshawn Johnson
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Sapp, who earlier said Martin made the right decision to go public with the issue, apparently harassed fellow defensive lineman Ahanotu for six years while they played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One day Ahanotu had enough, and he challenged the seven-time Pro Bowler to a physical altercation, which caused Sapp to back down and earned the respect of teammates.
In response to Johnson’s comments, Ahanotu explained to the same radio station in San Francisco that Sapp liked to bully everyone in the Buccaneers facility .
“Talking about my dad, and that’s when I said, ‘OK, that’s it man.’ I grabbed my helmet and I was about to beat his head in,” Ahanotu admitted.
The event goes to show that cases of bullying in the NFL are likely never reported, and victims are often left to fend for themselves. Sapp has earned a reputation as a hothead, but one can only imagine his behavior in the chaos of the Oakland Raiders’ locker room from 2004 to 2007.
Photo Credit: Gerald Herbert / Associated Press
Latest posts by Rui Thomas (see all)
- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect - April 23, 2014
- Sacramento Kings experiment in loss to Phoenix Suns - April 17, 2014
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - April 14, 2014