- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Warriors news: Stephen Curry has bone bruise, MRI reveals
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Curry suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Warriors’ 106-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves after battling with Ricky Rubio to get open for an inbounds pass from Andre Iguodala. After the injury occurred Curry attempted to play through it as he remained on the floor for the rest of the quarter, but did not enter the game in the fourth quarter.
Curry played just 24 minutes in the game scoring five points on 2-for-8 shooting with seven assists. The 25-year-old stated that he will “probably” play in Friday night’s tilt against the San Antonio Spurs, which will be the first game between the two teams since their Western Conference semi-finals matchup in last season’s playoffs.
The four-year veteran has had his fair share of injuries to both ankles as evident with last year’s playoff run as he dealt with repeated issues with his left ankle. As for his right ankle he has underwent two surgeries to repair torn ligaments.
There is no question Curry is an elite player in the NBA, but the constant battle with ankle problems has made it difficult for him to stay on the floor for the Warriors.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada | USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak expects Kobe Bryant to return next season - January 30, 2015
- Pau Gasol gets standing ovation in return to Los Angeles - January 30, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 4: Kobe Bryant expected to miss rest of season, Team Irvin wins Pro Bowl - January 26, 2015