- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Warriors news: Stephen Curry has bone bruise, MRI reveals
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Curry suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Warriors’ 106-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves after battling with Ricky Rubio to get open for an inbounds pass from Andre Iguodala. After the injury occurred Curry attempted to play through it as he remained on the floor for the rest of the quarter, but did not enter the game in the fourth quarter.
Curry played just 24 minutes in the game scoring five points on 2-for-8 shooting with seven assists. The 25-year-old stated that he will “probably” play in Friday night’s tilt against the San Antonio Spurs, which will be the first game between the two teams since their Western Conference semi-finals matchup in last season’s playoffs.
The four-year veteran has had his fair share of injuries to both ankles as evident with last year’s playoff run as he dealt with repeated issues with his left ankle. As for his right ankle he has underwent two surgeries to repair torn ligaments.
There is no question Curry is an elite player in the NBA, but the constant battle with ankle problems has made it difficult for him to stay on the floor for the Warriors.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada | USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015
- Mike Trout injury: MRI reveals no structural damage to wrist - July 29, 2015
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus - July 29, 2015