- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
Warriors news: Stephen Curry has bone bruise, MRI reveals
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Curry suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Warriors’ 106-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves after battling with Ricky Rubio to get open for an inbounds pass from Andre Iguodala. After the injury occurred Curry attempted to play through it as he remained on the floor for the rest of the quarter, but did not enter the game in the fourth quarter.
Curry played just 24 minutes in the game scoring five points on 2-for-8 shooting with seven assists. The 25-year-old stated that he will “probably” play in Friday night’s tilt against the San Antonio Spurs, which will be the first game between the two teams since their Western Conference semi-finals matchup in last season’s playoffs.
The four-year veteran has had his fair share of injuries to both ankles as evident with last year’s playoff run as he dealt with repeated issues with his left ankle. As for his right ankle he has underwent two surgeries to repair torn ligaments.
There is no question Curry is an elite player in the NBA, but the constant battle with ankle problems has made it difficult for him to stay on the floor for the Warriors.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada | USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014