- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Warriors news: Stephen Curry has bone bruise, MRI reveals
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Curry suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Warriors’ 106-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves after battling with Ricky Rubio to get open for an inbounds pass from Andre Iguodala. After the injury occurred Curry attempted to play through it as he remained on the floor for the rest of the quarter, but did not enter the game in the fourth quarter.
Curry played just 24 minutes in the game scoring five points on 2-for-8 shooting with seven assists. The 25-year-old stated that he will “probably” play in Friday night’s tilt against the San Antonio Spurs, which will be the first game between the two teams since their Western Conference semi-finals matchup in last season’s playoffs.
The four-year veteran has had his fair share of injuries to both ankles as evident with last year’s playoff run as he dealt with repeated issues with his left ankle. As for his right ankle he has underwent two surgeries to repair torn ligaments.
There is no question Curry is an elite player in the NBA, but the constant battle with ankle problems has made it difficult for him to stay on the floor for the Warriors.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada | USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 126-83 win over Maccabi Haifa - October 11, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Sound Bites - September 28, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Slideshow - September 28, 2015