- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Warriors news: Stephen Curry has bone bruise, MRI reveals
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Curry suffered the injury in the third quarter of the Warriors’ 106-93 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves after battling with Ricky Rubio to get open for an inbounds pass from Andre Iguodala. After the injury occurred Curry attempted to play through it as he remained on the floor for the rest of the quarter, but did not enter the game in the fourth quarter.
Curry played just 24 minutes in the game scoring five points on 2-for-8 shooting with seven assists. The 25-year-old stated that he will “probably” play in Friday night’s tilt against the San Antonio Spurs, which will be the first game between the two teams since their Western Conference semi-finals matchup in last season’s playoffs.
The four-year veteran has had his fair share of injuries to both ankles as evident with last year’s playoff run as he dealt with repeated issues with his left ankle. As for his right ankle he has underwent two surgeries to repair torn ligaments.
There is no question Curry is an elite player in the NBA, but the constant battle with ankle problems has made it difficult for him to stay on the floor for the Warriors.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada | USA TODAY Sports
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Have the Los Angeles Lakers finally hit rock bottom this season? - March 7, 2014
- Lakers suffer franchise worst loss in a 142-94 blowout to Clippers - March 7, 2014
- Kobe Bryant has a message for the haters - March 6, 2014