- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers news: Steve Nash likely out Friday
- Updated: November 7, 2013
Steve Nash is anticipating missing Friday’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans as it is expected that head coach Mike D’Antoni will continue to sit out his 39-year-old point guard in the second game of back-to-backs, according to Mark Medina of the LA Daily News.
Steve Nash said he doesn’t expect to play Friday in New Orleans. Part of the whole saving him for 2nd night of back to backs
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) November 7, 2013
D’Antoni had stated throughout the preseason that he would manage Nash’s minutes in order to preserve his health by possibly sitting him out in the second game of back-to-backs as he did in last Wednesday’s game against the Golden State Warriors.
In his second season with the Lakers, Nash has already suffered a string of minor injuries that include a sore left ankle, stiff neck, and tightness in his quad. This is not to forget to mention that he is still dealing with the lingering effects of nerve damage that he suffered after breaking his left fibula in the second game of last year’s regular season.
Nash is an aging player, who will continue to struggle to stay healthy throughout the year due to the fact he has played in 19 seasons in NBA.
In the four games he has played this season, it has been evident that Nash’s declining health has affected his play on the court as he is averaging 6.5 points and 5.0 assists on 28 percent shooting from the field in 23.5 minutes per game.
As the season progresses along it will be interesting to see if Nash will be able to overcome the injuries and be an effective player on the floor for the Lakers.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers get the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NBA draft - May 19, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 20: Warriors advance to West Finals, 49ers’ Justin Smith retires - May 19, 2015
- Lakers’ future could hinge on 2015 draft - May 18, 2015