- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Lakers news: Chris Kaman to start over Shawne Williams
- Updated: November 7, 2013
The change to the starting lineup was expected as the Lakers will be facing a big front court combination of Dwight Howard and Omer Asik. The pairing of Kaman and Pau Gasol in the preseason had shown some promise with the two displaying great chemistry and communication.
“Obviously, it’s a big lineup we’re playing,” Kaman said. “I thought me and Pau played well [together] in the preseason.”
In the five games that Williams started, he struggled to produce on the floor averaging 3.2 points, 3.0 rebounds including shooting 30 percent from 3-point range in 13 minutes per game. In the team’s last game on Tuesday against the Dallas Mavericks, he had three points on 1-of-2 shooting from beyond the arc in just five minutes on the floor and did not play in the second half.
Kaman up to this point in the season has been productive off the bench averaging 9.0 points and 5.8 rebounds in 16 minutes per game, and has scored in double figures in four out of the five game the Lakers have played this year.
With Kaman and Gasol in the starting lineup on Thursday, it will allow for the two big men to continue to build on their good chemistry and uses their similar style of play to bring the Rockets’ big men out of the paint by utilizing their mid-range game.
Photo Credit: Getty Images / October 18, 2013
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015