- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder PG cleared, will play Sunday vs. Suns
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has passed all of his medical tests as he recovers from offseason surgery and will play against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night, according to Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman.
All parties involved, including his representatives, personal physicians and the team medical staff, are in agreement that he has passed every benchmark necessary to resume playing. The news comes as a surprise since he was slated originally to be out until mid-December. While he’ll likely see limited minutes under close supervision as he works his way into the rotation, it’s an encouraging sign for the Thunder, who will likely contend for the Western Conference title.
The former UCLA star and Southern California native averaged 34.9 minutes per game last season in which he made his third consecutive All Star appearance. Reggie Jackson will likely move from the starting role into sixth man duty as a result, despite Westbrook’s limitations.
Photo Credit: Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014