- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder PG cleared, will play Sunday vs. Suns
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has passed all of his medical tests as he recovers from offseason surgery and will play against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night, according to Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman.
All parties involved, including his representatives, personal physicians and the team medical staff, are in agreement that he has passed every benchmark necessary to resume playing. The news comes as a surprise since he was slated originally to be out until mid-December. While he’ll likely see limited minutes under close supervision as he works his way into the rotation, it’s an encouraging sign for the Thunder, who will likely contend for the Western Conference title.
The former UCLA star and Southern California native averaged 34.9 minutes per game last season in which he made his third consecutive All Star appearance. Reggie Jackson will likely move from the starting role into sixth man duty as a result, despite Westbrook’s limitations.
Photo Credit: Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014