- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder PG cleared, will play Sunday vs. Suns
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has passed all of his medical tests as he recovers from offseason surgery and will play against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night, according to Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman.
All parties involved, including his representatives, personal physicians and the team medical staff, are in agreement that he has passed every benchmark necessary to resume playing. The news comes as a surprise since he was slated originally to be out until mid-December. While he’ll likely see limited minutes under close supervision as he works his way into the rotation, it’s an encouraging sign for the Thunder, who will likely contend for the Western Conference title.
The former UCLA star and Southern California native averaged 34.9 minutes per game last season in which he made his third consecutive All Star appearance. Reggie Jackson will likely move from the starting role into sixth man duty as a result, despite Westbrook’s limitations.
Photo Credit: Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015