- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder PG cleared, will play Sunday vs. Suns
- Updated: November 3, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook has passed all of his medical tests as he recovers from offseason surgery and will play against the Phoenix Suns on Sunday night, according to Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman.
All parties involved, including his representatives, personal physicians and the team medical staff, are in agreement that he has passed every benchmark necessary to resume playing. The news comes as a surprise since he was slated originally to be out until mid-December. While he’ll likely see limited minutes under close supervision as he works his way into the rotation, it’s an encouraging sign for the Thunder, who will likely contend for the Western Conference title.
The former UCLA star and Southern California native averaged 34.9 minutes per game last season in which he made his third consecutive All Star appearance. Reggie Jackson will likely move from the starting role into sixth man duty as a result, despite Westbrook’s limitations.
Photo Credit: Christian Petersen/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice - April 22, 2014
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report - April 22, 2014
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014