- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Russell Okung injury: Seahawks OT returns to practice
- Updated: November 2, 2013
The former Oklahoma State star suffered a torn plantar plate in mid September and has missed all but the first two games of 2013 for Seattle. He now has a three-week window in which to return per the NFL transaction notice, making his likely return date Nov. 17 when the ‘Hawks take on the Minnesota Vikings at Century Link Field.
Okung was a Pro Bowl selection in 2012 and a key component of the running game and pass protection. The Seahawks are 7-1 and lead the NFC West, but as the race tightens in November and December, he’ll be a major part of their push to win the Super Bowl.
Running back Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been as productive as usual this season and is averaging 75 yards per game on the ground, though he’s averaging a career-high 22.6 yards per game as a receiver.
The Seahawks are set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at the Link.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014