- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
Russell Okung injury: Seahawks OT returns to practice
- Updated: November 2, 2013
The former Oklahoma State star suffered a torn plantar plate in mid September and has missed all but the first two games of 2013 for Seattle. He now has a three-week window in which to return per the NFL transaction notice, making his likely return date Nov. 17 when the ‘Hawks take on the Minnesota Vikings at Century Link Field.
Okung was a Pro Bowl selection in 2012 and a key component of the running game and pass protection. The Seahawks are 7-1 and lead the NFC West, but as the race tightens in November and December, he’ll be a major part of their push to win the Super Bowl.
Running back Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been as productive as usual this season and is averaging 75 yards per game on the ground, though he’s averaging a career-high 22.6 yards per game as a receiver.
The Seahawks are set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at the Link.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014