- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Russell Okung injury: Seahawks OT returns to practice
- Updated: November 2, 2013
The former Oklahoma State star suffered a torn plantar plate in mid September and has missed all but the first two games of 2013 for Seattle. He now has a three-week window in which to return per the NFL transaction notice, making his likely return date Nov. 17 when the ‘Hawks take on the Minnesota Vikings at Century Link Field.
Okung was a Pro Bowl selection in 2012 and a key component of the running game and pass protection. The Seahawks are 7-1 and lead the NFC West, but as the race tightens in November and December, he’ll be a major part of their push to win the Super Bowl.
Running back Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been as productive as usual this season and is averaging 75 yards per game on the ground, though he’s averaging a career-high 22.6 yards per game as a receiver.
The Seahawks are set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at the Link.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015