- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Russell Okung injury: Seahawks OT returns to practice
- Updated: November 2, 2013
The former Oklahoma State star suffered a torn plantar plate in mid September and has missed all but the first two games of 2013 for Seattle. He now has a three-week window in which to return per the NFL transaction notice, making his likely return date Nov. 17 when the ‘Hawks take on the Minnesota Vikings at Century Link Field.
Okung was a Pro Bowl selection in 2012 and a key component of the running game and pass protection. The Seahawks are 7-1 and lead the NFC West, but as the race tightens in November and December, he’ll be a major part of their push to win the Super Bowl.
Running back Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been as productive as usual this season and is averaging 75 yards per game on the ground, though he’s averaging a career-high 22.6 yards per game as a receiver.
The Seahawks are set to take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday at the Link.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015