- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Seattle Sounders defeat Colorado Rapids, 2-0: Post-game reactions (VIDEO)
- Updated: November 1, 2013
SEATTLE–The Seattle Sounders FC defeated the Colorado Rapids 2-0 in a playoff knockout game to advance to the next round. They will face off on Saturday night against the Portland Timbers.
Midfielder Brad Evans scored an unassisted goal in the 28th minute of play. Forward Eddie Johnson struck in the 93rd minute to double the lead. Clint Dempsey received credit for his first assist as a Sounder on Johnson’s goal.
Seattle keeper Michael Gspurning received a red card in the 83rd minute for touching the ball outside the penalty area. The Austrian will miss the next game. Backup Marcus Hahnemann will make his first playoff appearance in the Portland matchup on Saturday.
The Sounders may be without their young defender DeAndre Yedlin. Yedlin suffered an ankle injury late in the first half, and was substituted out at the start of the second half of play.
Seattle head coach Sigi Schmid, Gspurning and Eddie Johnson shared their thoughts on the match. To view and listen to their comments, here is the video:
Latest posts by John Zielonka (see all)
- Seattle players and coaches reactions to Super Bowl loss - February 3, 2015
- Seattle Seahawks arrive in Arizona and hold court with media members - January 26, 2015
- Brad Evans: MLS players will ‘absolutely’ strike if demands aren’t met - January 24, 2015