- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Seattle Sounders, L.A. Galaxy play to 1-1 draw: Postgame reaction (VIDEO)
- Updated: October 29, 2013
SEATTLE — With massive playoff seeding implications on the line, the Seattle Sounders and the LA Galaxy played to a 1-1 draw in front of 66,216 fans at CenturyLink Field on Sunday.
The tie kept LA as the third seeded playoff Western Conference team. The Galaxy will face Real Salt Lake.
Seattle finished as the fourth seed and host the Colorado Rapids on Wednesday in a one-game knockout match.
Seattle forward Clint Dempsey notched his first goal as a Sounder in the 30th minute of play. While moving toward the left post, Dempsey redirected the ball with the right side of his boot past LA keeper Jaime Penedo to give the Sounders a 1-0 lead.
The Galaxy appeared to secure the tying goal on a corner kick in the 42nd minute. Defender Omar Gonzalez headed the ball towards the center of the Seattle net. Seattle midfielder Osvaldo Alonso kicked the ball out and back into play. In the opinion of the linesman and head referee Mark Geiger, the ball failed to cross the end line.
In the 78th minute, LA forward Robbie Keane one-timed a ball into the turf that bounced high over keeper Michael Gspurning to even the match at 1-1.
Sounders FC head coach Sigi Schmid and Dempsey shared their thoughts in their post game press conferences on the match and upcoming one-match playoff against Colorado.
LA head coach Bruce Arena provided his sentiments on the no-goal, and Keane’s effort and leadership on the pitch.
Check the postgame video below:
Photo Credit : John Zielonka | Sports Out West