- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
Lakers rumors: Shannon Brown nearing return to L.A., says report
- Updated: October 28, 2013
The Washington Wizards are expected to release the two-time NBA champion in the coming days, and if he does, the Lakers will be in play. Whether or not they decide to sign him is still uncertain, however. He recently came to Washington in a multi-player trade that netted the Wizards big man Marcin Gortat. If the reports are accurate, then he’ll be released along with all other non-Gortat players in the deal.
The Lakers are headed in a new direction under head coach Mike D’Antoni, and it’s conceivable that his athleticism and ability to make plays in the open court would be an attractive coup for the team featuring several players of the same mold.
One concern, however, would be the career-low he averaged from the 3-point line last season with the Phoenix Suns at 27 percent. D’Antoni’s players need to be able to knock down perimeter shots on a consistent basis to have a place in his rotation, so that could cause the head coach to have second thoughts about adding him to a team that’s already had good chemistry during training camp.
The Lakers don’t have a lot of time to make a decision, as they are set to start their season on Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Clippers in a Lakers home game at Staples Center.
The potential to bring in Brown has the city buzzing, however. Probably because Brown can do things like this:
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill | AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014