- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
Lakers rumors: Shannon Brown nearing return to L.A., says report
- Updated: October 28, 2013
The Washington Wizards are expected to release the two-time NBA champion in the coming days, and if he does, the Lakers will be in play. Whether or not they decide to sign him is still uncertain, however. He recently came to Washington in a multi-player trade that netted the Wizards big man Marcin Gortat. If the reports are accurate, then he’ll be released along with all other non-Gortat players in the deal.
The Lakers are headed in a new direction under head coach Mike D’Antoni, and it’s conceivable that his athleticism and ability to make plays in the open court would be an attractive coup for the team featuring several players of the same mold.
One concern, however, would be the career-low he averaged from the 3-point line last season with the Phoenix Suns at 27 percent. D’Antoni’s players need to be able to knock down perimeter shots on a consistent basis to have a place in his rotation, so that could cause the head coach to have second thoughts about adding him to a team that’s already had good chemistry during training camp.
The Lakers don’t have a lot of time to make a decision, as they are set to start their season on Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Clippers in a Lakers home game at Staples Center.
The potential to bring in Brown has the city buzzing, however. Probably because Brown can do things like this:
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill | AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014