- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Lakers rumors: Shannon Brown nearing return to L.A., says report
- Updated: October 28, 2013
The Washington Wizards are expected to release the two-time NBA champion in the coming days, and if he does, the Lakers will be in play. Whether or not they decide to sign him is still uncertain, however. He recently came to Washington in a multi-player trade that netted the Wizards big man Marcin Gortat. If the reports are accurate, then he’ll be released along with all other non-Gortat players in the deal.
The Lakers are headed in a new direction under head coach Mike D’Antoni, and it’s conceivable that his athleticism and ability to make plays in the open court would be an attractive coup for the team featuring several players of the same mold.
One concern, however, would be the career-low he averaged from the 3-point line last season with the Phoenix Suns at 27 percent. D’Antoni’s players need to be able to knock down perimeter shots on a consistent basis to have a place in his rotation, so that could cause the head coach to have second thoughts about adding him to a team that’s already had good chemistry during training camp.
The Lakers don’t have a lot of time to make a decision, as they are set to start their season on Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Clippers in a Lakers home game at Staples Center.
The potential to bring in Brown has the city buzzing, however. Probably because Brown can do things like this:
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill | AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014