- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
Lakers rumors: Shannon Brown nearing return to L.A., says report
- Updated: October 28, 2013
The Washington Wizards are expected to release the two-time NBA champion in the coming days, and if he does, the Lakers will be in play. Whether or not they decide to sign him is still uncertain, however. He recently came to Washington in a multi-player trade that netted the Wizards big man Marcin Gortat. If the reports are accurate, then he’ll be released along with all other non-Gortat players in the deal.
The Lakers are headed in a new direction under head coach Mike D’Antoni, and it’s conceivable that his athleticism and ability to make plays in the open court would be an attractive coup for the team featuring several players of the same mold.
One concern, however, would be the career-low he averaged from the 3-point line last season with the Phoenix Suns at 27 percent. D’Antoni’s players need to be able to knock down perimeter shots on a consistent basis to have a place in his rotation, so that could cause the head coach to have second thoughts about adding him to a team that’s already had good chemistry during training camp.
The Lakers don’t have a lot of time to make a decision, as they are set to start their season on Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Clippers in a Lakers home game at Staples Center.
The potential to bring in Brown has the city buzzing, however. Probably because Brown can do things like this:
Photo Credit: Mark J. Terrill | AP
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015