- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Harrison Barnes injury: Warriors F misses practice, could miss opener
- Updated: October 28, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward Harrison Barnes missed practice on Monday, making his status for Wednesday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers a major question mark.
According to Nate Duncan of HoopsWorld, Barnes is still dealing with left foot inflammation and sat out the entirety of the practice session. Barnes has suffered from the injury for nearly three weeks and the fact that it’s lingering is cause for concern.
The second-year swingman will likely come off the bench in deference to newcomer Andre Iguodala, but he will be a key component of the rotation and could be one of the best sixth men in the league if he remains healthy and produces like he’s capable of. Last season in his rookie campaign, he put together averages of 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 25.4 minutes per contest.
If he can’t go and is forced to miss any time, guard Kent Bazemore will likely see more minutes at both wing positions after a stellar preseason. Draymond Green could also see increased minutes as a result of his absence.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015