- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Harrison Barnes injury: Warriors F misses practice, could miss opener
- Updated: October 28, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward Harrison Barnes missed practice on Monday, making his status for Wednesday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers a major question mark.
According to Nate Duncan of HoopsWorld, Barnes is still dealing with left foot inflammation and sat out the entirety of the practice session. Barnes has suffered from the injury for nearly three weeks and the fact that it’s lingering is cause for concern.
The second-year swingman will likely come off the bench in deference to newcomer Andre Iguodala, but he will be a key component of the rotation and could be one of the best sixth men in the league if he remains healthy and produces like he’s capable of. Last season in his rookie campaign, he put together averages of 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 25.4 minutes per contest.
If he can’t go and is forced to miss any time, guard Kent Bazemore will likely see more minutes at both wing positions after a stellar preseason. Draymond Green could also see increased minutes as a result of his absence.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014