- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Harrison Barnes injury: Warriors F misses practice, could miss opener
- Updated: October 28, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward Harrison Barnes missed practice on Monday, making his status for Wednesday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers a major question mark.
According to Nate Duncan of HoopsWorld, Barnes is still dealing with left foot inflammation and sat out the entirety of the practice session. Barnes has suffered from the injury for nearly three weeks and the fact that it’s lingering is cause for concern.
The second-year swingman will likely come off the bench in deference to newcomer Andre Iguodala, but he will be a key component of the rotation and could be one of the best sixth men in the league if he remains healthy and produces like he’s capable of. Last season in his rookie campaign, he put together averages of 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 25.4 minutes per contest.
If he can’t go and is forced to miss any time, guard Kent Bazemore will likely see more minutes at both wing positions after a stellar preseason. Draymond Green could also see increased minutes as a result of his absence.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014