- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Harrison Barnes injury: Warriors F misses practice, could miss opener
- Updated: October 28, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward Harrison Barnes missed practice on Monday, making his status for Wednesday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers a major question mark.
According to Nate Duncan of HoopsWorld, Barnes is still dealing with left foot inflammation and sat out the entirety of the practice session. Barnes has suffered from the injury for nearly three weeks and the fact that it’s lingering is cause for concern.
The second-year swingman will likely come off the bench in deference to newcomer Andre Iguodala, but he will be a key component of the rotation and could be one of the best sixth men in the league if he remains healthy and produces like he’s capable of. Last season in his rookie campaign, he put together averages of 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 25.4 minutes per contest.
If he can’t go and is forced to miss any time, guard Kent Bazemore will likely see more minutes at both wing positions after a stellar preseason. Draymond Green could also see increased minutes as a result of his absence.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015