- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Harrison Barnes injury: Warriors F misses practice, could miss opener
- Updated: October 28, 2013
Golden State Warriors forward Harrison Barnes missed practice on Monday, making his status for Wednesday’s season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers a major question mark.
According to Nate Duncan of HoopsWorld, Barnes is still dealing with left foot inflammation and sat out the entirety of the practice session. Barnes has suffered from the injury for nearly three weeks and the fact that it’s lingering is cause for concern.
The second-year swingman will likely come off the bench in deference to newcomer Andre Iguodala, but he will be a key component of the rotation and could be one of the best sixth men in the league if he remains healthy and produces like he’s capable of. Last season in his rookie campaign, he put together averages of 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 25.4 minutes per contest.
If he can’t go and is forced to miss any time, guard Kent Bazemore will likely see more minutes at both wing positions after a stellar preseason. Draymond Green could also see increased minutes as a result of his absence.
Photo Credit: Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015