- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Lakers’ chemistry on display in preseason finale highlight (GIF)
- Updated: October 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers managed to go 4-4 during the 2013-14 preseason with a team with less talent than last year’s. They did so because this year’s team has a natural chemistry that the Dwight Howard-infused squad did not.
Here, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol put on display their ability to read the defense and one another to create an easy two points. Blake makes a quick V-cut and fakes a screen, forcing Nash’s defender out of position. By the time he recovered it was too late.
What happened next to complete the outstanding play is pure skill on the part of Gasol — one of the best passing big men that’s ever played the game. This is an example of what he can do when the floor spacing is good as it is here.
It’s s a perfect example of three-man synergy; for the Lakers to have any real amount of success this year, they’ll need to do a lot more of this.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015