- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers’ chemistry on display in preseason finale highlight (GIF)
- Updated: October 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers managed to go 4-4 during the 2013-14 preseason with a team with less talent than last year’s. They did so because this year’s team has a natural chemistry that the Dwight Howard-infused squad did not.
Here, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol put on display their ability to read the defense and one another to create an easy two points. Blake makes a quick V-cut and fakes a screen, forcing Nash’s defender out of position. By the time he recovered it was too late.
What happened next to complete the outstanding play is pure skill on the part of Gasol — one of the best passing big men that’s ever played the game. This is an example of what he can do when the floor spacing is good as it is here.
It’s s a perfect example of three-man synergy; for the Lakers to have any real amount of success this year, they’ll need to do a lot more of this.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015