- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited
- 49ers Anquan Boldin credits Michael Crabtree for big game vs. Seahawks
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
Lakers’ chemistry on display in preseason finale highlight (GIF)
- Updated: October 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers managed to go 4-4 during the 2013-14 preseason with a team with less talent than last year’s. They did so because this year’s team has a natural chemistry that the Dwight Howard-infused squad did not.
Here, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol put on display their ability to read the defense and one another to create an easy two points. Blake makes a quick V-cut and fakes a screen, forcing Nash’s defender out of position. By the time he recovered it was too late.
What happened next to complete the outstanding play is pure skill on the part of Gasol — one of the best passing big men that’s ever played the game. This is an example of what he can do when the floor spacing is good as it is here.
It’s s a perfect example of three-man synergy; for the Lakers to have any real amount of success this year, they’ll need to do a lot more of this.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited - December 9, 2013
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013