- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Lakers’ chemistry on display in preseason finale highlight (GIF)
- Updated: October 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers managed to go 4-4 during the 2013-14 preseason with a team with less talent than last year’s. They did so because this year’s team has a natural chemistry that the Dwight Howard-infused squad did not.
Here, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol put on display their ability to read the defense and one another to create an easy two points. Blake makes a quick V-cut and fakes a screen, forcing Nash’s defender out of position. By the time he recovered it was too late.
What happened next to complete the outstanding play is pure skill on the part of Gasol — one of the best passing big men that’s ever played the game. This is an example of what he can do when the floor spacing is good as it is here.
It’s s a perfect example of three-man synergy; for the Lakers to have any real amount of success this year, they’ll need to do a lot more of this.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images