- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
Lakers’ chemistry on display in preseason finale highlight (GIF)
- Updated: October 26, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers managed to go 4-4 during the 2013-14 preseason with a team with less talent than last year’s. They did so because this year’s team has a natural chemistry that the Dwight Howard-infused squad did not.
Here, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol put on display their ability to read the defense and one another to create an easy two points. Blake makes a quick V-cut and fakes a screen, forcing Nash’s defender out of position. By the time he recovered it was too late.
What happened next to complete the outstanding play is pure skill on the part of Gasol — one of the best passing big men that’s ever played the game. This is an example of what he can do when the floor spacing is good as it is here.
It’s s a perfect example of three-man synergy; for the Lakers to have any real amount of success this year, they’ll need to do a lot more of this.
Photo Credit: Stephen Dunn/Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- 3 MMA podcasts you should be listening to - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014