- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Lakers news: Marcus Landry waived, roster stands at 15
- Updated: October 25, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers waived forward Marcus Landry on Friday, bringing the roster down to 15 players in time for the start of the regular season on Oct. 29.
Landry spent the last three seasons in the NBA D-League and had stints playing overseas playing in China, Venezuela, Spain and Puerto Rico after going undrafted in 2009. The 6-foot-7 forward out of Wisconsin began his NBA career with the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics and averaged 2.4 points, 1.1 rebounds and 6.1 minutes in 18 career games.
He had trouble cracking the Lakers’ rotation behind fellow wing players Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, Shawne Williams and Xavier Henry and became the odd man out after Williams and Henry in particular showed enough to warrant consideration for regular season spots.
Though the team parted ways with him for the time being, it’s conceivable that he could find his way back if a player suffers a major injury. Landry put up strong numbers with the Reno Bighorns of the D-League in 2010-11 and 2012-13, starting in 83 out of 84 games and averaging a respectable 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 36.0 minutes.
Photo Credit: Julie Jacobson / Associated Press / July 11, 2013
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015