- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Lakers news: Marcus Landry waived, roster stands at 15
- Updated: October 25, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers waived forward Marcus Landry on Friday, bringing the roster down to 15 players in time for the start of the regular season on Oct. 29.
Landry spent the last three seasons in the NBA D-League and had stints playing overseas playing in China, Venezuela, Spain and Puerto Rico after going undrafted in 2009. The 6-foot-7 forward out of Wisconsin began his NBA career with the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics and averaged 2.4 points, 1.1 rebounds and 6.1 minutes in 18 career games.
He had trouble cracking the Lakers’ rotation behind fellow wing players Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, Shawne Williams and Xavier Henry and became the odd man out after Williams and Henry in particular showed enough to warrant consideration for regular season spots.
Though the team parted ways with him for the time being, it’s conceivable that he could find his way back if a player suffers a major injury. Landry put up strong numbers with the Reno Bighorns of the D-League in 2010-11 and 2012-13, starting in 83 out of 84 games and averaging a respectable 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 36.0 minutes.
Photo Credit: Julie Jacobson / Associated Press / July 11, 2013
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014