- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Lakers news: Marcus Landry waived, roster stands at 15
- Updated: October 25, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers waived forward Marcus Landry on Friday, bringing the roster down to 15 players in time for the start of the regular season on Oct. 29.
Landry spent the last three seasons in the NBA D-League and had stints playing overseas playing in China, Venezuela, Spain and Puerto Rico after going undrafted in 2009. The 6-foot-7 forward out of Wisconsin began his NBA career with the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics and averaged 2.4 points, 1.1 rebounds and 6.1 minutes in 18 career games.
He had trouble cracking the Lakers’ rotation behind fellow wing players Nick Young, Wesley Johnson, Shawne Williams and Xavier Henry and became the odd man out after Williams and Henry in particular showed enough to warrant consideration for regular season spots.
Though the team parted ways with him for the time being, it’s conceivable that he could find his way back if a player suffers a major injury. Landry put up strong numbers with the Reno Bighorns of the D-League in 2010-11 and 2012-13, starting in 83 out of 84 games and averaging a respectable 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 36.0 minutes.
Photo Credit: Julie Jacobson / Associated Press / July 11, 2013
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014