- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
- Steve Sarkisian accepts USC head coaching position
- Lakers news: Pau Gasol to get MRI on right ankle
Blazers news: C.J. McCollum will not have foot surgery
- Updated: October 17, 2013
Portland Trail Blazers rookie guard C.J. McCollum on Wednesday successfully underwent a non-operative ultrasound to repair the fifth metatarsal fracture in his left foot instead of having foot surgery, according to a press release by the organization.
The treatment that the Trail Blazers 10th overall selection in the 2013 NBA draft received was done to promote bone growth. McCollum is expected to be out indefinitely and will be reevaluated by the team in six more weeks.
The former Lehigh Mountain Hawk suffered the injury on Oct. 5 in practice when he set a screen on Wesley Matthews, who fought through the pick and sent McCollum to the floor. It is a concerning injury as it is the same bone he broke in a game against Virginia Commonwealth on January 5, 2013 that caused him to miss the remaining three months of the collegiate season.
McCollum had been performing well in training camp and in five games in the 2013 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas he averaged 21.0 points, 3.4 assists, and 4.0 rebounds in 34.6 minutes per game. He was expected to compete against Mo Williams, Earl Watson, Will Barton, and Allen Crabbe for playing time in Portland’s backcourt.
With McCollum out indefinitely, it will likely put pressure for more production out of last year’s Rookie of the Year Damian Lillard.
Photo Credit: Garrett W. Ellwood/NBAE via Getty Images
Latest posts by Bob Garcia (see all)
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again - December 4, 2013
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson - December 4, 2013
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice - December 4, 2013