- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
49ers news: Mario Manningham not ready for game action
- Updated: October 16, 2013
Manningham, who suffered two knee ligament tears during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, doesn’t plan on rushing himself back and will not play in Week 7 against the the Tennessee Titans. There is no specific time table for the wide receiver’s return and even Manningham himself is not sure when he will be ready for game action.
“I’m not sure, because I don’t how I’m going to feel,” Manningham said. “If I feel good I might play. I’m not putting a time limit on there, just taking it serious day-by-day.”
Manningham started 10 games for the 49ers in 2012 and caught 42 passes for 449 yards. San Francisco has struggled to get consistent production from any wide receiver not named Anquan Boldin so far in 2013. Kyle Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, Quinton Patton, and Marlon Moore have only combined for 15 receptions and 135 yards through six games this season.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 16 primer: Playing for pride - December 19, 2014
- 49ers Week 15 primer: It could get ugly in Seattle - December 12, 2014
- 49ers Week 14 primer: Playoffs start now - December 5, 2014