- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
49ers news: Mario Manningham not ready for game action
- Updated: October 16, 2013
Manningham, who suffered two knee ligament tears during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, doesn’t plan on rushing himself back and will not play in Week 7 against the the Tennessee Titans. There is no specific time table for the wide receiver’s return and even Manningham himself is not sure when he will be ready for game action.
“I’m not sure, because I don’t how I’m going to feel,” Manningham said. “If I feel good I might play. I’m not putting a time limit on there, just taking it serious day-by-day.”
Manningham started 10 games for the 49ers in 2012 and caught 42 passes for 449 yards. San Francisco has struggled to get consistent production from any wide receiver not named Anquan Boldin so far in 2013. Kyle Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, Quinton Patton, and Marlon Moore have only combined for 15 receptions and 135 yards through six games this season.
Photo Credit: Getty Images