- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
49ers news: Mario Manningham not ready for game action
- Updated: October 16, 2013
Manningham, who suffered two knee ligament tears during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, doesn’t plan on rushing himself back and will not play in Week 7 against the the Tennessee Titans. There is no specific time table for the wide receiver’s return and even Manningham himself is not sure when he will be ready for game action.
“I’m not sure, because I don’t how I’m going to feel,” Manningham said. “If I feel good I might play. I’m not putting a time limit on there, just taking it serious day-by-day.”
Manningham started 10 games for the 49ers in 2012 and caught 42 passes for 449 yards. San Francisco has struggled to get consistent production from any wide receiver not named Anquan Boldin so far in 2013. Kyle Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, Quinton Patton, and Marlon Moore have only combined for 15 receptions and 135 yards through six games this season.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- What do Kurt Warner’s comments say about Jim Harbaugh? - January 30, 2015
- Is Jim Tomsula just Jed York’s puppet? - January 15, 2015
- 49ers’ decision to pursue Adam Gase as head coach is misguided - January 13, 2015