- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
49ers news: Mario Manningham not ready for game action
- Updated: October 16, 2013
Manningham, who suffered two knee ligament tears during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in 2012, doesn’t plan on rushing himself back and will not play in Week 7 against the the Tennessee Titans. There is no specific time table for the wide receiver’s return and even Manningham himself is not sure when he will be ready for game action.
“I’m not sure, because I don’t how I’m going to feel,” Manningham said. “If I feel good I might play. I’m not putting a time limit on there, just taking it serious day-by-day.”
Manningham started 10 games for the 49ers in 2012 and caught 42 passes for 449 yards. San Francisco has struggled to get consistent production from any wide receiver not named Anquan Boldin so far in 2013. Kyle Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, Quinton Patton, and Marlon Moore have only combined for 15 receptions and 135 yards through six games this season.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers were prepared for roster turnover - March 27, 2015
- The 49ers have dropped the ball when it comes to drafting wide receivers - March 20, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers offseason 2015: Addition of veterans will help aid in transition - March 17, 2015