- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
Blake Griffin injury: Clippers F tweaks knee, MRI clean
- Updated: October 12, 2013
As a precaution, Griffin was held out of practice on Thursday. Head coach Doc Rivers said the injury, which happened at a team scrimmage at USC, is not serious though there is no timetable for a return.
“It’s nothing bad,” Rivers said. “But he tweaked it.”
The injury occurred when Griffin went up for a dunk over Lou Amundson, which proved to be a concern for the All-Star since every other injury he’s sustained to his knees has happened when he’s planted, not when landing.
The Clippers will likely err on the safe side and hold him out of several of the Clips’ final preseason games. An injury of this nature will only require rest and treatment.
The Clippers open up against the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 29 at Staples Center in their first step toward chasing the first NBA title in team history.
Photo Credit: Robert Hanashiro/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014