- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Blake Griffin injury: Clippers F tweaks knee, MRI clean
- Updated: October 12, 2013
As a precaution, Griffin was held out of practice on Thursday. Head coach Doc Rivers said the injury, which happened at a team scrimmage at USC, is not serious though there is no timetable for a return.
“It’s nothing bad,” Rivers said. “But he tweaked it.”
The injury occurred when Griffin went up for a dunk over Lou Amundson, which proved to be a concern for the All-Star since every other injury he’s sustained to his knees has happened when he’s planted, not when landing.
The Clippers will likely err on the safe side and hold him out of several of the Clips’ final preseason games. An injury of this nature will only require rest and treatment.
The Clippers open up against the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 29 at Staples Center in their first step toward chasing the first NBA title in team history.
Photo Credit: Robert Hanashiro/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015