- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
Blake Griffin injury: Clippers F tweaks knee, MRI clean
- Updated: October 12, 2013
As a precaution, Griffin was held out of practice on Thursday. Head coach Doc Rivers said the injury, which happened at a team scrimmage at USC, is not serious though there is no timetable for a return.
“It’s nothing bad,” Rivers said. “But he tweaked it.”
The injury occurred when Griffin went up for a dunk over Lou Amundson, which proved to be a concern for the All-Star since every other injury he’s sustained to his knees has happened when he’s planted, not when landing.
The Clippers will likely err on the safe side and hold him out of several of the Clips’ final preseason games. An injury of this nature will only require rest and treatment.
The Clippers open up against the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 29 at Staples Center in their first step toward chasing the first NBA title in team history.
Photo Credit: Robert Hanashiro/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice - April 22, 2014
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report - April 22, 2014
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014