- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Blake Griffin injury: Clippers F tweaks knee, MRI clean
- Updated: October 12, 2013
As a precaution, Griffin was held out of practice on Thursday. Head coach Doc Rivers said the injury, which happened at a team scrimmage at USC, is not serious though there is no timetable for a return.
“It’s nothing bad,” Rivers said. “But he tweaked it.”
The injury occurred when Griffin went up for a dunk over Lou Amundson, which proved to be a concern for the All-Star since every other injury he’s sustained to his knees has happened when he’s planted, not when landing.
The Clippers will likely err on the safe side and hold him out of several of the Clips’ final preseason games. An injury of this nature will only require rest and treatment.
The Clippers open up against the Los Angeles Lakers on Oct. 29 at Staples Center in their first step toward chasing the first NBA title in team history.
Photo Credit: Robert Hanashiro/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014