- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Lakers news: Dan Gadzuric and Eric Boateng released
- Updated: October 9, 2013
With the move, Los Angeles now has 17 players under contract. Both Gadzuric and Boateng were seen as long shots to make the team’s opening day roster.
The league maximum for the regular season is 15 players under contract and teams must have a minimum of 13, which means the Lakers will waive at least two more players.
General manager Mitch Kupchak and head coach Mike D’Antoni both have stated this preseason that the team may consider carrying 14 or 15 players on their roster this upcoming season.
The team has 11 players under guaranteed contracts and six players with either partially-guaranteed or non-guaranteed deals.
Shawne Williams and Elias Harris both possess contracts that are $100,000 guaranteed, which gives them an advantage at making the Lakers’ regular season roster.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015
- Mike Trout injury: MRI reveals no structural damage to wrist - July 29, 2015
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino, David Murphy, and David DeJesus - July 29, 2015