- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Lakers news: Dan Gadzuric and Eric Boateng released
- Updated: October 9, 2013
With the move, Los Angeles now has 17 players under contract. Both Gadzuric and Boateng were seen as long shots to make the team’s opening day roster.
The league maximum for the regular season is 15 players under contract and teams must have a minimum of 13, which means the Lakers will waive at least two more players.
General manager Mitch Kupchak and head coach Mike D’Antoni both have stated this preseason that the team may consider carrying 14 or 15 players on their roster this upcoming season.
The team has 11 players under guaranteed contracts and six players with either partially-guaranteed or non-guaranteed deals.
Shawne Williams and Elias Harris both possess contracts that are $100,000 guaranteed, which gives them an advantage at making the Lakers’ regular season roster.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014