- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Lakers news: Dan Gadzuric and Eric Boateng released
- Updated: October 9, 2013
With the move, Los Angeles now has 17 players under contract. Both Gadzuric and Boateng were seen as long shots to make the team’s opening day roster.
The league maximum for the regular season is 15 players under contract and teams must have a minimum of 13, which means the Lakers will waive at least two more players.
General manager Mitch Kupchak and head coach Mike D’Antoni both have stated this preseason that the team may consider carrying 14 or 15 players on their roster this upcoming season.
The team has 11 players under guaranteed contracts and six players with either partially-guaranteed or non-guaranteed deals.
Shawne Williams and Elias Harris both possess contracts that are $100,000 guaranteed, which gives them an advantage at making the Lakers’ regular season roster.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 30: Lakers hire Byron Scott, Kendall Hunter tears ACL - July 28, 2014
- Byron Scott the right choice as Lakers next head coach - July 27, 2014
- Carlos Boozer says Kobe Bryant told him to ‘come ready’ - July 26, 2014