- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers news: Dan Gadzuric and Eric Boateng released
- Updated: October 9, 2013
With the move, Los Angeles now has 17 players under contract. Both Gadzuric and Boateng were seen as long shots to make the team’s opening day roster.
The league maximum for the regular season is 15 players under contract and teams must have a minimum of 13, which means the Lakers will waive at least two more players.
General manager Mitch Kupchak and head coach Mike D’Antoni both have stated this preseason that the team may consider carrying 14 or 15 players on their roster this upcoming season.
The team has 11 players under guaranteed contracts and six players with either partially-guaranteed or non-guaranteed deals.
Shawne Williams and Elias Harris both possess contracts that are $100,000 guaranteed, which gives them an advantage at making the Lakers’ regular season roster.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015