- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Lakers news: Dan Gadzuric and Eric Boateng released
- Updated: October 9, 2013
With the move, Los Angeles now has 17 players under contract. Both Gadzuric and Boateng were seen as long shots to make the team’s opening day roster.
The league maximum for the regular season is 15 players under contract and teams must have a minimum of 13, which means the Lakers will waive at least two more players.
General manager Mitch Kupchak and head coach Mike D’Antoni both have stated this preseason that the team may consider carrying 14 or 15 players on their roster this upcoming season.
The team has 11 players under guaranteed contracts and six players with either partially-guaranteed or non-guaranteed deals.
Shawne Williams and Elias Harris both possess contracts that are $100,000 guaranteed, which gives them an advantage at making the Lakers’ regular season roster.
Photo Credit: Lakers.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015