- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Lakers news: Wesley Johnson day-to-day after MRI reveals strained tendon
- Updated: October 7, 2013
An MRI on Monday morning revealed that Lakers forward Wesley Johnson has a strained tendon in his left foot and is listed as day-to-day.
The 26-year old suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday’s preseason game against the Denver Nuggets. It was reported that Johnson felt a “burning sensation” in his foot after the injury occurred.
Head coach Mike D’Antoni has spoken highly of Johnson’s play in training camp but it has yet to translate to any success in the preseason thus far.
In the Lakers’ first preseason game against the Golden State Warriors he struggled scoring two points on 1-of-5 shooting in 21 minutes on the floor and before leaving Sunday’s game he had two points on 1-of-5 shooting in eight minutes played.
This injury is a minor a setback for the three-year veteran who is looking to contribute to this team in either a role off the bench or in the starting lineup as the small forward alongside Nick Young if Kobe Bryant were to miss any time in the regular season.
There is no indication yet whether Johnson will be available for the Lakers’ next preseason game on Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Alex Gallardo
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers nearing a one-year deal with forward Earl Clark - November 26, 2014
- Xavier Henry injury: Lakers forward out for season with torn Achilles - November 26, 2014
- Lakers given $4.85 million disabled player exception for Steve Nash - November 26, 2014