- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Lakers news: Wesley Johnson day-to-day after MRI reveals strained tendon
- Updated: October 7, 2013
An MRI on Monday morning revealed that Lakers forward Wesley Johnson has a strained tendon in his left foot and is listed as day-to-day.
The 26-year old suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday’s preseason game against the Denver Nuggets. It was reported that Johnson felt a “burning sensation” in his foot after the injury occurred.
Head coach Mike D’Antoni has spoken highly of Johnson’s play in training camp but it has yet to translate to any success in the preseason thus far.
In the Lakers’ first preseason game against the Golden State Warriors he struggled scoring two points on 1-of-5 shooting in 21 minutes on the floor and before leaving Sunday’s game he had two points on 1-of-5 shooting in eight minutes played.
This injury is a minor a setback for the three-year veteran who is looking to contribute to this team in either a role off the bench or in the starting lineup as the small forward alongside Nick Young if Kobe Bryant were to miss any time in the regular season.
There is no indication yet whether Johnson will be available for the Lakers’ next preseason game on Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Alex Gallardo
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Can the Lakers find a balance for Kobe Bryant’s health? - December 21, 2014
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014