- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers news: Wesley Johnson day-to-day after MRI reveals strained tendon
- Updated: October 7, 2013
An MRI on Monday morning revealed that Lakers forward Wesley Johnson has a strained tendon in his left foot and is listed as day-to-day.
The 26-year old suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday’s preseason game against the Denver Nuggets. It was reported that Johnson felt a “burning sensation” in his foot after the injury occurred.
Head coach Mike D’Antoni has spoken highly of Johnson’s play in training camp but it has yet to translate to any success in the preseason thus far.
In the Lakers’ first preseason game against the Golden State Warriors he struggled scoring two points on 1-of-5 shooting in 21 minutes on the floor and before leaving Sunday’s game he had two points on 1-of-5 shooting in eight minutes played.
This injury is a minor a setback for the three-year veteran who is looking to contribute to this team in either a role off the bench or in the starting lineup as the small forward alongside Nick Young if Kobe Bryant were to miss any time in the regular season.
There is no indication yet whether Johnson will be available for the Lakers’ next preseason game on Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Alex Gallardo
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015
- Angels’ Josh Hamilton faces MLB discipline - February 27, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ win 118-111 over Celtics - February 23, 2015