- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
Lakers news: Wesley Johnson day-to-day after MRI reveals strained tendon
- Updated: October 7, 2013
An MRI on Monday morning revealed that Lakers forward Wesley Johnson has a strained tendon in his left foot and is listed as day-to-day.
The 26-year old suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday’s preseason game against the Denver Nuggets. It was reported that Johnson felt a “burning sensation” in his foot after the injury occurred.
Head coach Mike D’Antoni has spoken highly of Johnson’s play in training camp but it has yet to translate to any success in the preseason thus far.
In the Lakers’ first preseason game against the Golden State Warriors he struggled scoring two points on 1-of-5 shooting in 21 minutes on the floor and before leaving Sunday’s game he had two points on 1-of-5 shooting in eight minutes played.
This injury is a minor a setback for the three-year veteran who is looking to contribute to this team in either a role off the bench or in the starting lineup as the small forward alongside Nick Young if Kobe Bryant were to miss any time in the regular season.
There is no indication yet whether Johnson will be available for the Lakers’ next preseason game on Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Alex Gallardo
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Kobe Bryant begins rigorous training regimen - April 22, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Warriors squeeze by Clippers, Clayton Kershaw nears return - April 21, 2014
- 5 players the Lakers should eye in free agency - April 20, 2014