- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Lakers news: Wesley Johnson day-to-day after MRI reveals strained tendon
- Updated: October 7, 2013
An MRI on Monday morning revealed that Lakers forward Wesley Johnson has a strained tendon in his left foot and is listed as day-to-day.
The 26-year old suffered the injury during the first quarter of Sunday’s preseason game against the Denver Nuggets. It was reported that Johnson felt a “burning sensation” in his foot after the injury occurred.
Head coach Mike D’Antoni has spoken highly of Johnson’s play in training camp but it has yet to translate to any success in the preseason thus far.
In the Lakers’ first preseason game against the Golden State Warriors he struggled scoring two points on 1-of-5 shooting in 21 minutes on the floor and before leaving Sunday’s game he had two points on 1-of-5 shooting in eight minutes played.
This injury is a minor a setback for the three-year veteran who is looking to contribute to this team in either a role off the bench or in the starting lineup as the small forward alongside Nick Young if Kobe Bryant were to miss any time in the regular season.
There is no indication yet whether Johnson will be available for the Lakers’ next preseason game on Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Alex Gallardo
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 126-83 win over Maccabi Haifa - October 11, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Sound Bites - September 28, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Slideshow - September 28, 2015