- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Chargers news: Manti Te’o impresses coaches in NFL debut
- Updated: October 1, 2013
The San Diego Chargers had to wait most of the preseason and three long weeks during the regular season to see what rookie second-round pick Manti Te’o would do on the field once he recovered from a foot injury. As it turned out during the Chargers’ win against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, he didn’t disappoint.
“He did a nice job,” said head coach Mike McCoy on Monday. “We weren’t sure how many snaps he was going to get because of their personnel grouping, whether they were going to be in 11 personnel or play more base personnel, so we were going to monitor him as the game went along and he did a nice job for the first time getting in there.”
No one was more excited to get back on the field than Te’o, who injured his foot in the Bolts’ first preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks and had to wear a walking boot. He finished the day with three tackles in limited action.
“He was excited to get back out there and I think the number of reps, he probably would have liked a few more, but because of the personnel groupings we were in he got what he got.”
For the fans, it’s encouraging to see him on the field as well. If he can recapture any of the special talent that made him a finalist for the Heisman Trophy at Notre Dame, then the Chargers’ defense will be able to build on the obvious chemistry they’ve developed through four games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014