- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Lakers and Warriors to host NBA Fan Appreciation Day in Shanghai
- Updated: September 19, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers and Golden State Warriors announced on Tuesday that they will be hosting the NBA Fan Appreciation Day on Oct. 17 at the Oriental Sports Center in Shanghai.
The event will be free and has been put together to give thanks to fans in China for their support of the NBA Global Games 2013 between the Warriors and Lakers on Oct. 15 in Beijing and Oct. 17 in Shanghai. It will be an interactive event that will provide more than 13,000 fans in attendance an opportunity watch both teams take part in drills and various basketball activities. A few select fans will have the chance to participate with the teams in three-point and half-court shooting contests.
The tickets to the event will be made available to the public via a series of promotions handled by the NBA digital marketing partners. This will also mark the first time that NBA official Weixin account (NBA_Big) will use interactive promotions to give out tickets to fans in China and the Shanghai Sports Bureau will also choose thousands of fans to attend the event.
There will be appearances by several special guests that will include former NBA players Dell Curry, Muggsy Bogues and A.C. Green, the NBA Fan Patrol, the Lakers Girls, Warriors Girls, and the Warriors’ Dunk Team the Flying Dubs. The Sponsors for the event will include companies such as smart, adidas and ZTE Mobile.
The fans will also partake in counting down the final five shots that will taken by the special guest former NBA players for the “Shoot Two Million Hoops” program, which is a campaign devised between the NBA and the Shanghai Sports Bureau that was created to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle among children. The program initially began on May 31 motivating children to shoot at basketball hoops at hundreds of schools and communities throughout Shanghai.
Before the event commences, the Lakers players and team head coach Mike D’Antoni will conduct a NBA Fit clinic for 60 Special Olympics athletes, which will include several different fitness drills and competitions that will inspire children to choose to live a healthy lifestyle.
This is the second go around for the NBA Fan Appreciation Day as it initially launched last year in Shanghai when the NBA scheduled two preseason games in China between the Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat.
The entire 2013-14 NBA Global games features 12 teams playing 10 regular season and preseason games in eight cities in six countries and territories across the globe, which also surpasses single-season record for the most NBA teams to play games internationally. The NBA Global games will also be played in Bilbao, Spain; Rio de Janiero, Brazil; Manila, Philippines; Mexico City, Mexico, Istanbul, Turkey; London and Manchester, UK; and Taipei.
Photo Credit: China Daily
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeanie Buss sticks up for Kobe Bryant - October 24, 2014
- Lakers G Steve Nash to miss 2014-15 season - October 23, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014