- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Alex Boone says punch to Clay Matthews’ face priceless
- Updated: September 14, 2013
San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone makes his living protecting Colin Kaepernick, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he wants to physically harm a player who took a cheap shot against him.
When asked what kind of fine he would give Matthews after the NFL handed down a $15,000 one against him last week, Boone gave the type of answer fans in the Bay Area have come to expect from the outspoken lineman (via CSNBayArea.com):
“Probably punch him in the face,” Boone said. “I don’t want his money.”
Head coach Jim Harbaugh agreed with the sentiment, though he failed to comment specifically on whether or not the fine itself was adequate punishment. He didn’t hesitate to renounce Matthews’ actions and stand up for his players, however, as one would expect from the coach who’s known as one of the most fiery competitors in the NFL.
“I could see two punches thrown to Joe’s head — well, one punch and one open slap, which . . . if you’re going to go to the face, come with some knuckles,” Harbaugh said. “I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy. He’ll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap.”
As the Niners prepare to face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night, it appears that they’re still fanning the flames of another heated rivalry with the Green Bay Packers.
Photo Credit: Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015