- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Alex Boone says punch to Clay Matthews’ face priceless
- Updated: September 14, 2013
San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone makes his living protecting Colin Kaepernick, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he wants to physically harm a player who took a cheap shot against him.
When asked what kind of fine he would give Matthews after the NFL handed down a $15,000 one against him last week, Boone gave the type of answer fans in the Bay Area have come to expect from the outspoken lineman (via CSNBayArea.com):
“Probably punch him in the face,” Boone said. “I don’t want his money.”
Head coach Jim Harbaugh agreed with the sentiment, though he failed to comment specifically on whether or not the fine itself was adequate punishment. He didn’t hesitate to renounce Matthews’ actions and stand up for his players, however, as one would expect from the coach who’s known as one of the most fiery competitors in the NFL.
“I could see two punches thrown to Joe’s head — well, one punch and one open slap, which . . . if you’re going to go to the face, come with some knuckles,” Harbaugh said. “I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy. He’ll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap.”
As the Niners prepare to face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night, it appears that they’re still fanning the flames of another heated rivalry with the Green Bay Packers.
Photo Credit: Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014