- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Alex Boone says punch to Clay Matthews’ face priceless
- Updated: September 14, 2013
San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone makes his living protecting Colin Kaepernick, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he wants to physically harm a player who took a cheap shot against him.
When asked what kind of fine he would give Matthews after the NFL handed down a $15,000 one against him last week, Boone gave the type of answer fans in the Bay Area have come to expect from the outspoken lineman (via CSNBayArea.com):
“Probably punch him in the face,” Boone said. “I don’t want his money.”
Head coach Jim Harbaugh agreed with the sentiment, though he failed to comment specifically on whether or not the fine itself was adequate punishment. He didn’t hesitate to renounce Matthews’ actions and stand up for his players, however, as one would expect from the coach who’s known as one of the most fiery competitors in the NFL.
“I could see two punches thrown to Joe’s head — well, one punch and one open slap, which . . . if you’re going to go to the face, come with some knuckles,” Harbaugh said. “I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy. He’ll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap.”
As the Niners prepare to face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night, it appears that they’re still fanning the flames of another heated rivalry with the Green Bay Packers.
Photo Credit: Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014