- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Alex Boone says punch to Clay Matthews’ face priceless
- Updated: September 14, 2013
San Francisco 49ers right guard Alex Boone makes his living protecting Colin Kaepernick, so it should come as no surprise to anyone that he wants to physically harm a player who took a cheap shot against him.
When asked what kind of fine he would give Matthews after the NFL handed down a $15,000 one against him last week, Boone gave the type of answer fans in the Bay Area have come to expect from the outspoken lineman (via CSNBayArea.com):
“Probably punch him in the face,” Boone said. “I don’t want his money.”
Head coach Jim Harbaugh agreed with the sentiment, though he failed to comment specifically on whether or not the fine itself was adequate punishment. He didn’t hesitate to renounce Matthews’ actions and stand up for his players, however, as one would expect from the coach who’s known as one of the most fiery competitors in the NFL.
“I could see two punches thrown to Joe’s head — well, one punch and one open slap, which . . . if you’re going to go to the face, come with some knuckles,” Harbaugh said. “I think that young man works very hard on being a tough guy. He’ll have some repairing to do to his image after the slap.”
As the Niners prepare to face the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night, it appears that they’re still fanning the flames of another heated rivalry with the Green Bay Packers.
Photo Credit: Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015