- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Russell Wilson says eyebrow bet with Colin Kaepernick ‘not real serious’
- Updated: September 12, 2013
As the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks prepare to take the field for their first of two regular season meetings on Sunday, an eyebrow shaving bet was made between quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, according to csnnw.com.
The bet that the two agreed to as part of a promotional video for the NFL football game Madden 25, was for the loser in Sunday’s matchup had to shave off an eyebrow, but it now appears that the deal may not be a reality.
In an interview on Tuesday on the Dave “Softy” Mahler show on 950 KJR-AM in Seattle, Wilson discussed the bet the two talented young quarterbacks made.
“He’s going to have to shave off his (eyebrows),” Wilson joked during the interview.
The 24-year-old followed this statement by giving some clarification on the bet stating that it was something that they did not take seriously in consideration in following through with rather that they may just instead wager something else instead.
“It was more of just a friendly, joking around type deal. It’s not real serious. We’ll probably do something digitally. Something like that,” Wilson said.
The bet may be off but it should not take away from the competitive battle between these two Super Bowl contending teams on Sunday.
Photo credit: (Original photos via USA TODAY Sports; photo illustration by Rubie Edmondson)
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015