- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Russell Wilson says eyebrow bet with Colin Kaepernick ‘not real serious’
- Updated: September 12, 2013
As the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks prepare to take the field for their first of two regular season meetings on Sunday, an eyebrow shaving bet was made between quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, according to csnnw.com.
The bet that the two agreed to as part of a promotional video for the NFL football game Madden 25, was for the loser in Sunday’s matchup had to shave off an eyebrow, but it now appears that the deal may not be a reality.
In an interview on Tuesday on the Dave “Softy” Mahler show on 950 KJR-AM in Seattle, Wilson discussed the bet the two talented young quarterbacks made.
“He’s going to have to shave off his (eyebrows),” Wilson joked during the interview.
The 24-year-old followed this statement by giving some clarification on the bet stating that it was something that they did not take seriously in consideration in following through with rather that they may just instead wager something else instead.
“It was more of just a friendly, joking around type deal. It’s not real serious. We’ll probably do something digitally. Something like that,” Wilson said.
The bet may be off but it should not take away from the competitive battle between these two Super Bowl contending teams on Sunday.
Photo credit: (Original photos via USA TODAY Sports; photo illustration by Rubie Edmondson)
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Have the Los Angeles Lakers finally hit rock bottom this season? - March 7, 2014
- Lakers suffer franchise worst loss in a 142-94 blowout to Clippers - March 7, 2014
- Kobe Bryant has a message for the haters - March 6, 2014