- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Russell Wilson says eyebrow bet with Colin Kaepernick ‘not real serious’
- Updated: September 12, 2013
As the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks prepare to take the field for their first of two regular season meetings on Sunday, an eyebrow shaving bet was made between quarterbacks Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick, according to csnnw.com.
The bet that the two agreed to as part of a promotional video for the NFL football game Madden 25, was for the loser in Sunday’s matchup had to shave off an eyebrow, but it now appears that the deal may not be a reality.
In an interview on Tuesday on the Dave “Softy” Mahler show on 950 KJR-AM in Seattle, Wilson discussed the bet the two talented young quarterbacks made.
“He’s going to have to shave off his (eyebrows),” Wilson joked during the interview.
The 24-year-old followed this statement by giving some clarification on the bet stating that it was something that they did not take seriously in consideration in following through with rather that they may just instead wager something else instead.
“It was more of just a friendly, joking around type deal. It’s not real serious. We’ll probably do something digitally. Something like that,” Wilson said.
The bet may be off but it should not take away from the competitive battle between these two Super Bowl contending teams on Sunday.
Photo credit: (Original photos via USA TODAY Sports; photo illustration by Rubie Edmondson)
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 51: Seahawks keep rolling, Padres get Justin Upton - December 22, 2014
- Can the Lakers find a balance for Kobe Bryant’s health? - December 21, 2014
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014