- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Lakers sign G Xavier Henry
- Updated: September 5, 2013
Henry was drafted with the 12th overall selection in the 2010 NBA Draft by the Memphis Grizzles. He was traded in January of 2012 to New Orleans as part of a three-team deal that shipped forward Marreese Speights to the Grizzles and two future second round draft picks to the Philadelphia 76ers and in March of 2012 he was assigned the Iowa Energy in the NBA D-League.
Last season, Henry played in 50 games for the Pelicans averaging 3.9 points, 1.8 rebounds, and a career-high .410 field goal percentage in 12.5 minutes per game. In his NBA career he has started 18 games with two of his starts coming last season. Henry could earn a spot on team as player of the bench who could help Jodie Meeks spell time for Kobe Bryant and at 22 years old he could be someone that the organization could develop into a better shooter and all-around player.
This signing of Henry comes a day after the team inked six-year veteran Shawne Williams to a deal. The Lakers now have 14 players under contract and are expected to have between 16 to 20 players when training camp starts in late September.
It has also been reported that Los Angeles has interest in several free agents that includes Sebastian Telfair, Marcus Landry, Louis Amundson, and potentially Michael Beasley, who was released on Tuesday from the Phoenix Suns due to his arrest in early August because of Marijuana possession.
Photo Credit: Chris Humphreys – USA Today Sports
[button color=”blue” link=”http://www.sportsoutwest.com/category/lakers” color=white]Visit the Sports Out West Lakers Hub for More[/button]
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 50: Marcus Mariota wins Heisman, Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan - December 15, 2014
- Can Jim Buss bring the Lakers back to prominence? - December 14, 2014
- Kobe Bryant loses it at Lakers practice, calls out players as ‘soft’ - December 12, 2014