- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
49ers unofficially list Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams as starting wide receivers
- Updated: September 3, 2013
Ever since he was acquired from the Baltimore Ravens this offseason, Boldin was undoubtedly set to start alongside Michael Crabtree, the 49ers’ best wide receiver last season. Once Crabtree tore his Achilles tendon in May, there were questions as to who would be the team’s starting wide receiver opposite of Boldin. In enters Williams, who has been listed as the other starter throughout the entire exhibition season but never suited up for a game.
In 29 career games, Williams has served as the starter in four games, accumulating 35 receptions, 461 receiving yards and four touchdowns. Also spending time as the 49ers’ kick and punt returner, Williams, although listed the starter, will likely share the role with Marlon Moore and rookie Quinton Patton until someone breaks out from the pack.
Other noteworthy starters include Ian Williams listed as the starter at nose tackle over Glenn Dorsey and rookie first-rounder Eric Reid starting at free safety, filling in the hole left by Dashon Goldson, now with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013