- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Raiders sign tackle Tony Pashos, release Alex Barron
- Updated: September 2, 2013
Pashos, 33, has played in 92 games in his career, 70 of which were starts. Mostly playing at right tackle, he last played in a game in 2011 with the Cleveland Browns. He missed the entire 2012 season with a foot injury and played well with the Washington Redskins in preseason action before his release on Saturday.
Barron, 30, was the St. Louis Rams’ first-round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Following five years with the Rams, he also spent time with the Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks and Raiders. He hasn’t played a game since the 2010 season with the Cowboys. Barron was expendable once rookie Menelik Watson was named starter.
The Raiders also started to fill their practice squad by signing players for seven of their eight available slots: Defensive back Chance Casey, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, defensive back Shelton Johnson, tight end Brian Leonhardt, guard Lamar Mady, tackle Matt McCants and linebacker Marshall McFadden.
Photo Credit: Brad Mills/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013