- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Raiders sign tackle Tony Pashos, release Alex Barron
- Updated: September 2, 2013
Pashos, 33, has played in 92 games in his career, 70 of which were starts. Mostly playing at right tackle, he last played in a game in 2011 with the Cleveland Browns. He missed the entire 2012 season with a foot injury and played well with the Washington Redskins in preseason action before his release on Saturday.
Barron, 30, was the St. Louis Rams’ first-round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Following five years with the Rams, he also spent time with the Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks and Raiders. He hasn’t played a game since the 2010 season with the Cowboys. Barron was expendable once rookie Menelik Watson was named starter.
The Raiders also started to fill their practice squad by signing players for seven of their eight available slots: Defensive back Chance Casey, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, defensive back Shelton Johnson, tight end Brian Leonhardt, guard Lamar Mady, tackle Matt McCants and linebacker Marshall McFadden.
Photo Credit: Brad Mills/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013