- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
- Padres top Mets, 7-2, as Yonder Alonso returns in style
Raiders sign tackle Tony Pashos, release Alex Barron
- Updated: September 2, 2013
Pashos, 33, has played in 92 games in his career, 70 of which were starts. Mostly playing at right tackle, he last played in a game in 2011 with the Cleveland Browns. He missed the entire 2012 season with a foot injury and played well with the Washington Redskins in preseason action before his release on Saturday.
Barron, 30, was the St. Louis Rams’ first-round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Following five years with the Rams, he also spent time with the Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks and Raiders. He hasn’t played a game since the 2010 season with the Cowboys. Barron was expendable once rookie Menelik Watson was named starter.
The Raiders also started to fill their practice squad by signing players for seven of their eight available slots: Defensive back Chance Casey, wide receiver Greg Jenkins, defensive back Shelton Johnson, tight end Brian Leonhardt, guard Lamar Mady, tackle Matt McCants and linebacker Marshall McFadden.
Photo Credit: Brad Mills/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013