- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
No. 25 OSU Beavers upset by Eastern Washington 49-46
- Updated: September 1, 2013
The opening week of college football went pretty much as expected for the top-25, except for when the Eastern Washington Eagles shocked the fans at Reser Stadium and upset the No. 25 Oregon State Beavers, 49-46.
The Eagles were led by quarterback Vernon Adams, who threw for 411 yards and four touchdowns. Adams also rushed for 107 yards and two touchdowns. The Beavers couldn’t figure out how to stop Adams on defense.
Sean Mannion did his part on the Beavers’ offense, throwing for 422 yards and three touchdowns. Brandin Cooks had a big day and caught 13 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns. Storm Woods ran for 68 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries. The Beavers’ offense really played well, putting up 527 total yards.
Defensively, the Beavers failed to show up. They allowed the Eagles to compile 625 yards of total offense. Oregon State was expected to be a contender in the Pac-12, but if their defense continues to play this way, they would be lucky to win in the FCS.
The Beavers’ next game is against the Hawaii Warriors in Corvallis on Saturday, September 7.
Photo Credit: Randy L. Rasmussen / The Oregonian
Latest posts by Norm Hightower (see all)
- Oregon football Week 7: 7 observations from the Ducks’ 45-24 win over Washington - October 15, 2013
- Week 5 Preview: Colorado Buffalos vs. Oregon State Beavers - September 28, 2013
- Oregon State football Week 3: 5 observations from the Beavers’ 51-48 win over Utah in OT - September 20, 2013