- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
49ers news: Nnamdi Asomugha wins No. 3 CB job
- Updated: August 30, 2013
“He’s done well in his reps that he’s had in the game and in practice,” Fangio told SFGate.com on Wednesday. “Particularly the last two or three weeks, he’s played much better.”
Though he didn’t play in the team’s final preseason game, a 41-6 rout against the San Diego Chargers, Asomugha is prepared to help the team move forward. If he falters, Tramaine Brock will be able to step in and take over the role, but for now, the former Pro Bowler will have plenty of opportunities to try to recapture some of the form that once made him one of the games most feared cornerbacks. For now, he’s a solid option at backup, and for a team loaded with talent, that’s good enough for the time being.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015