- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
49ers news: Nnamdi Asomugha wins No. 3 CB job
- Updated: August 30, 2013
“He’s done well in his reps that he’s had in the game and in practice,” Fangio told SFGate.com on Wednesday. “Particularly the last two or three weeks, he’s played much better.”
Though he didn’t play in the team’s final preseason game, a 41-6 rout against the San Diego Chargers, Asomugha is prepared to help the team move forward. If he falters, Tramaine Brock will be able to step in and take over the role, but for now, the former Pro Bowler will have plenty of opportunities to try to recapture some of the form that once made him one of the games most feared cornerbacks. For now, he’s a solid option at backup, and for a team loaded with talent, that’s good enough for the time being.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014