- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
49ers news: Nnamdi Asomugha wins No. 3 CB job
- Updated: August 30, 2013
“He’s done well in his reps that he’s had in the game and in practice,” Fangio told SFGate.com on Wednesday. “Particularly the last two or three weeks, he’s played much better.”
Though he didn’t play in the team’s final preseason game, a 41-6 rout against the San Diego Chargers, Asomugha is prepared to help the team move forward. If he falters, Tramaine Brock will be able to step in and take over the role, but for now, the former Pro Bowler will have plenty of opportunities to try to recapture some of the form that once made him one of the games most feared cornerbacks. For now, he’s a solid option at backup, and for a team loaded with talent, that’s good enough for the time being.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014