- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
NBA rookies name Kobe Bryant their favorite player
- Updated: August 28, 2013
The annual survey that is given out by John Schuhmann of NBA.com to each season’s rookie class during their offseason photo shoot revealed that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is the favorite among these new NBA players.
1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 21.2 percent
2: LeBron James, Miami — 15.2 percent
T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas — 12.1 percent
T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers — 9.1 percent
Bryant, who has played 17 years in the league, is still an elite level player that can compete with the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul. The 15-time All-Star is known for his overt desire to win, to be the best and is still able to do this at the age of 35. Bryant has been one of the league’s most popular players in not only the United States but also in countries like the Philippines and China.
It is not surprising to see Bryant at the top of this list, but what is astonishing about it is he is still favored over James, who has led the Miami Heat to win the last two championships and has one of the NBA’s top-selling jerseys. What this ultimately means is that Bryant, even in the final act of his NBA career, is still very popular and well respected among today’s youth.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeremy Lin aiming to create a new legacy with Lakers - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Rip City jerseys will have sleeves in 2014-15 - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Thomas Robinson has thumb surgery - July 23, 2014