- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
- DeMarcus Cousins suspension: When will the Kings’ star start to behave?
NBA rookies name Kobe Bryant their favorite player
- Updated: August 28, 2013
The annual survey that is given out by John Schuhmann of NBA.com to each season’s rookie class during their offseason photo shoot revealed that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is the favorite among these new NBA players.
1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 21.2 percent
2: LeBron James, Miami — 15.2 percent
T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas — 12.1 percent
T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers — 9.1 percent
Bryant, who has played 17 years in the league, is still an elite level player that can compete with the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul. The 15-time All-Star is known for his overt desire to win, to be the best and is still able to do this at the age of 35. Bryant has been one of the league’s most popular players in not only the United States but also in countries like the Philippines and China.
It is not surprising to see Bryant at the top of this list, but what is astonishing about it is he is still favored over James, who has led the Miami Heat to win the last two championships and has one of the NBA’s top-selling jerseys. What this ultimately means is that Bryant, even in the final act of his NBA career, is still very popular and well respected among today’s youth.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Have the Los Angeles Lakers finally hit rock bottom this season? - March 7, 2014
- Lakers suffer franchise worst loss in a 142-94 blowout to Clippers - March 7, 2014
- Kobe Bryant has a message for the haters - March 6, 2014