- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
NBA rookies name Kobe Bryant their favorite player
- Updated: August 28, 2013
The annual survey that is given out by John Schuhmann of NBA.com to each season’s rookie class during their offseason photo shoot revealed that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is the favorite among these new NBA players.
1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 21.2 percent
2: LeBron James, Miami — 15.2 percent
T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas — 12.1 percent
T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers — 9.1 percent
Bryant, who has played 17 years in the league, is still an elite level player that can compete with the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul. The 15-time All-Star is known for his overt desire to win, to be the best and is still able to do this at the age of 35. Bryant has been one of the league’s most popular players in not only the United States but also in countries like the Philippines and China.
It is not surprising to see Bryant at the top of this list, but what is astonishing about it is he is still favored over James, who has led the Miami Heat to win the last two championships and has one of the NBA’s top-selling jerseys. What this ultimately means is that Bryant, even in the final act of his NBA career, is still very popular and well respected among today’s youth.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- MLB Trade Deadline: Mariners acquire Austin Jackson in three-team deal - July 31, 2014
- USC ranked 15th in coaches preseason poll - July 31, 2014
- Vin Scully gets standing ovation at Dodger Stadium after announcing return - July 31, 2014