- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
NBA rookies name Kobe Bryant their favorite player
- Updated: August 28, 2013
The annual survey that is given out by John Schuhmann of NBA.com to each season’s rookie class during their offseason photo shoot revealed that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is the favorite among these new NBA players.
1: Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers — 21.2 percent
2: LeBron James, Miami — 15.2 percent
T-3rd: Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City & Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas — 12.1 percent
T-5th: Kevin Garnett, Brooklyn & Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers — 9.1 percent
Bryant, who has played 17 years in the league, is still an elite level player that can compete with the likes of LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul. The 15-time All-Star is known for his overt desire to win, to be the best and is still able to do this at the age of 35. Bryant has been one of the league’s most popular players in not only the United States but also in countries like the Philippines and China.
It is not surprising to see Bryant at the top of this list, but what is astonishing about it is he is still favored over James, who has led the Miami Heat to win the last two championships and has one of the NBA’s top-selling jerseys. What this ultimately means is that Bryant, even in the final act of his NBA career, is still very popular and well respected among today’s youth.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015