- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
Chargers’ latest roster cuts yield no surprises
- Updated: August 26, 2013
The San Diego Chargers are preparing to cut down their roster to the mandated 75 players before Tuesday’s deadline. On Sunday, they released 10 players, which brought them within five of that number at 80 total and served as the biggest roster cuts made to date.
The players dismissed were as follows:
- Edwin Baker — RB
- Colin Baxter — C
- Greg Brown — CB
- Tony Burnett — S
- Deon Butler — WR
- Brandyn Dombrowski — G
- Nathan Enderle — QB
- Richard Kent — P
- Jamarkus McFarland — DT
- Dallas Walker — TE
Perhaps the most notable name among the bunch is Dombrowski, who spent four seasons with the Chargers while starting a total of 15 games left tackle and guard. With King Dunlap looking like he’s firmly entrenched as the starter at left tackle and the rest of the line solidified, he’s the odd man out and will be a free agent.
Butler was drafted in the third round of the 2009 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks and spent his first four seasons in the Pacific Northwest. Even though the Chargers are in need of more bodies at wide receiver due to numerous injuries, he was a long shot to make enough of an impact to warrant a roster spot ahead of highly-touted rookie Keenan Allen and veterans such as Eddie Royal.
Now, the waiting game continues as five more cuts loom before Tuesday.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013