- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Report: Lamar Odom missing, family worried
- Updated: August 25, 2013
An earlier report from the site confirmed that Odom’s recent on-court and marital issues with wife Khloe Kardashian have been because of a drug abuse problem, and now those closest to him feel he is on a drug binge somewhere.
It’s a scary prospect for a player who’s undergone a fair amount of personal tragedy in recent years. Following the 2011 shooting death of his cousin, he was a passenger in a vehicle that killed a teenage driver. On the court, he’s struggled mightily since the Lakers attempted to trade him to the New Orleans Hornets in a three-team blockbuster that would’ve netted them Chris Paul.
Since then, he hasn’t been the same player who won the Lakers’ first Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2011, often looking lost with the Dallas Mavericks and Clippers. Now the reason why is becoming clearer given reports of his drug use.
Although there is conflicting information as to his drug of choice — Radar Online says it’s Oxycotin while TMZ reports crack cocaine — it doesn’t change the fact that Odom’s life is now at the forefront of everyone’s concern before basketball. The stories and developments are getting worse as more information comes out.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014
- VIDEO: Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig do battle in Spring Training - March 7, 2014
- Honda Classic 2014: Tiger Woods withdraws due to back injury - March 2, 2014