- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Report: Lamar Odom missing, family worried
- Updated: August 25, 2013
An earlier report from the site confirmed that Odom’s recent on-court and marital issues with wife Khloe Kardashian have been because of a drug abuse problem, and now those closest to him feel he is on a drug binge somewhere.
It’s a scary prospect for a player who’s undergone a fair amount of personal tragedy in recent years. Following the 2011 shooting death of his cousin, he was a passenger in a vehicle that killed a teenage driver. On the court, he’s struggled mightily since the Lakers attempted to trade him to the New Orleans Hornets in a three-team blockbuster that would’ve netted them Chris Paul.
Since then, he hasn’t been the same player who won the Lakers’ first Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2011, often looking lost with the Dallas Mavericks and Clippers. Now the reason why is becoming clearer given reports of his drug use.
Although there is conflicting information as to his drug of choice — Radar Online says it’s Oxycotin while TMZ reports crack cocaine — it doesn’t change the fact that Odom’s life is now at the forefront of everyone’s concern before basketball. The stories and developments are getting worse as more information comes out.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015