- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Report: Lamar Odom missing, family worried
- Updated: August 25, 2013
An earlier report from the site confirmed that Odom’s recent on-court and marital issues with wife Khloe Kardashian have been because of a drug abuse problem, and now those closest to him feel he is on a drug binge somewhere.
It’s a scary prospect for a player who’s undergone a fair amount of personal tragedy in recent years. Following the 2011 shooting death of his cousin, he was a passenger in a vehicle that killed a teenage driver. On the court, he’s struggled mightily since the Lakers attempted to trade him to the New Orleans Hornets in a three-team blockbuster that would’ve netted them Chris Paul.
Since then, he hasn’t been the same player who won the Lakers’ first Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2011, often looking lost with the Dallas Mavericks and Clippers. Now the reason why is becoming clearer given reports of his drug use.
Although there is conflicting information as to his drug of choice — Radar Online says it’s Oxycotin while TMZ reports crack cocaine — it doesn’t change the fact that Odom’s life is now at the forefront of everyone’s concern before basketball. The stories and developments are getting worse as more information comes out.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014