- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
Report: Lamar Odom missing, family worried
- Updated: August 25, 2013
An earlier report from the site confirmed that Odom’s recent on-court and marital issues with wife Khloe Kardashian have been because of a drug abuse problem, and now those closest to him feel he is on a drug binge somewhere.
It’s a scary prospect for a player who’s undergone a fair amount of personal tragedy in recent years. Following the 2011 shooting death of his cousin, he was a passenger in a vehicle that killed a teenage driver. On the court, he’s struggled mightily since the Lakers attempted to trade him to the New Orleans Hornets in a three-team blockbuster that would’ve netted them Chris Paul.
Since then, he hasn’t been the same player who won the Lakers’ first Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2011, often looking lost with the Dallas Mavericks and Clippers. Now the reason why is becoming clearer given reports of his drug use.
Although there is conflicting information as to his drug of choice — Radar Online says it’s Oxycotin while TMZ reports crack cocaine — it doesn’t change the fact that Odom’s life is now at the forefront of everyone’s concern before basketball. The stories and developments are getting worse as more information comes out.
Photo Credit: Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others - December 8, 2013
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors - December 6, 2013
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way - December 6, 2013