- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Dodgers news: Brian Wilson refuses to shear the beard
- Updated: August 23, 2013
As one would expect from the most interesting man in major league baseball, Wilson, rather his beard, responded to TMZ in kind:
And now, a statement from Brian Wilson‘s million-dollar beard: “I DON’T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY’S ON THE TABLE … NOBODY’S CUTTING ME!”
Thank you, Beard.
So there it all is, Wilson via his beard said he isn’t going to sell out and shave for any amount of money:
The crew over at MVP Sports Group tells us they never took the razor company’s offer seriously because Brian refuses to even trim his trademark, and, in fact … he’s told them the beard is “going with him to the grave.”
Of all sports and all players, the company, 800 Razors, decided to choose baseball and Wilson to go after. The Dodgers’ newest addition would do well not to take the money and shave, since ballplayers are notoriously superstitious and the Dodgers are rolling.
At 77-52, and moving through the National League with reckless abandon, everyone in Dodger Blue would do well to leave everything as is. Though Wilson isn’t making as much as the company would have paid him this season, he’ll likely earn himself another long-term contract if he can prove that his surgically-repaired elbow can hold up after his second Tommy John surgery.
So far, so good, as he was clocked as high as 94 mph in his return to the mound on Thursday, which included a scoreless inning and two strikeouts while he was in impressive form.
All hail the beard. Please, please don’t go anywhere.
Photo Credit: Alex Gallardo/The News-Times
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014