- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Clippers PG Chris Paul elected NBPA union president
- Updated: August 21, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul has been elected union president of the National Basketball Players Association, as announced by the NBPA on Wednesday. The decision was made during the union’s summer meeting in Las Vegas.
Paul, who has previously served as NBPA vice president, replaces former Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder guard Derek Fisher. The declaration of Paul as president gives the organization its first big-name president since Patrick Ewing in 2001.
Paul became the likely candidate for the position once Miami Heat forward LeBron James decided not to run for president. Vice president and former New Orleans Pelicans guard Roger Mason was also a strong contender for the position.
The next step for the union is to hire an executive director to replace Billy Hunter, who was fired in February. Thanks to the efforts of the NBPA’s executive committee – Mason, Jerry Stackhouse, James Jones, Andre Iguodala, Stephen Curry, Willie Green and Matt Bonner – the union is trying to right the ship and bring stability back to the NBPA.
Photo Credit: JD Mercer/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013