- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
49ers trade A.J. Jenkins to Chiefs for Jon Baldwin
- Updated: August 19, 2013
Jenkins, a first-round draft pick of 2012, was struggling to keep up and make an impact in training camp and during preseason games. He caught zero passes a rookie last season and was projected to produce more in his second season.
With Michael Crabtree out with a severe injury, there was playing time available along with plenty of competition for a roster spot at the wide receiver position. Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore and rookie Quinton Patton are expected to hold four of the 53-man roster spots.
Baldwin, a first-round draft pick of 2011, struggled to catch on with the Chiefs, a similar case to Jenkins with the 49ers. In two seasons, he has caught 41 passes for 579 yards and two touchdowns. He will compete with Austin Collie, Lavelle Hawkins, Chad Hall, Ricardo Lockette, Chuck Jacobs and Kassim Osgood for the remaining roster spots.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013