- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
49ers trade A.J. Jenkins to Chiefs for Jon Baldwin
- Updated: August 19, 2013
Jenkins, a first-round draft pick of 2012, was struggling to keep up and make an impact in training camp and during preseason games. He caught zero passes a rookie last season and was projected to produce more in his second season.
With Michael Crabtree out with a severe injury, there was playing time available along with plenty of competition for a roster spot at the wide receiver position. Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Marlon Moore and rookie Quinton Patton are expected to hold four of the 53-man roster spots.
Baldwin, a first-round draft pick of 2011, struggled to catch on with the Chiefs, a similar case to Jenkins with the 49ers. In two seasons, he has caught 41 passes for 579 yards and two touchdowns. He will compete with Austin Collie, Lavelle Hawkins, Chad Hall, Ricardo Lockette, Chuck Jacobs and Kassim Osgood for the remaining roster spots.
Photo Credit: Kelley L Cox/USA TODAY Sports
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013