- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Raiders injury news: David Ausberry to miss preseason
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Oakland Raiders tight end David Ausberry will miss the remainder of the 2013 preseason with a right shoulder injury, according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Head coach Dennis Allen also said that defensive back Tracy Porter is doubtful for the Raiders’ next preseason game against the Chicago Bears in the same report. The third-year tight end was set to compete for the starting tight end role with Richard Gordon, Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa. He was poised to be a sleeper and could still emerge as Matt Flynn‘s top target.
The injury will be a setback, but it doesn’t necessarily quell his chances to start eventually. In 28 career games, Ausberry has started once and totaled nine catches for 106 yards. As a special-teamer, he showed a propensity to make big plays with two career fumble recoveries. He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 draft out of USC. At 6-foot-4, 243 pounds, he has the size to be a match up problem for opposing defenses.
Photo Credit: © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014