- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Raiders injury news: David Ausberry to miss preseason
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Oakland Raiders tight end David Ausberry will miss the remainder of the 2013 preseason with a right shoulder injury, according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Head coach Dennis Allen also said that defensive back Tracy Porter is doubtful for the Raiders’ next preseason game against the Chicago Bears in the same report. The third-year tight end was set to compete for the starting tight end role with Richard Gordon, Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa. He was poised to be a sleeper and could still emerge as Matt Flynn‘s top target.
The injury will be a setback, but it doesn’t necessarily quell his chances to start eventually. In 28 career games, Ausberry has started once and totaled nine catches for 106 yards. As a special-teamer, he showed a propensity to make big plays with two career fumble recoveries. He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 draft out of USC. At 6-foot-4, 243 pounds, he has the size to be a match up problem for opposing defenses.
Photo Credit: © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014