- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Raiders injury news: David Ausberry to miss preseason
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Oakland Raiders tight end David Ausberry will miss the remainder of the 2013 preseason with a right shoulder injury, according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Head coach Dennis Allen also said that defensive back Tracy Porter is doubtful for the Raiders’ next preseason game against the Chicago Bears in the same report. The third-year tight end was set to compete for the starting tight end role with Richard Gordon, Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa. He was poised to be a sleeper and could still emerge as Matt Flynn‘s top target.
The injury will be a setback, but it doesn’t necessarily quell his chances to start eventually. In 28 career games, Ausberry has started once and totaled nine catches for 106 yards. As a special-teamer, he showed a propensity to make big plays with two career fumble recoveries. He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 draft out of USC. At 6-foot-4, 243 pounds, he has the size to be a match up problem for opposing defenses.
Photo Credit: © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014