- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Raiders injury news: David Ausberry to miss preseason
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Oakland Raiders tight end David Ausberry will miss the remainder of the 2013 preseason with a right shoulder injury, according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Head coach Dennis Allen also said that defensive back Tracy Porter is doubtful for the Raiders’ next preseason game against the Chicago Bears in the same report. The third-year tight end was set to compete for the starting tight end role with Richard Gordon, Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa. He was poised to be a sleeper and could still emerge as Matt Flynn‘s top target.
The injury will be a setback, but it doesn’t necessarily quell his chances to start eventually. In 28 career games, Ausberry has started once and totaled nine catches for 106 yards. As a special-teamer, he showed a propensity to make big plays with two career fumble recoveries. He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 draft out of USC. At 6-foot-4, 243 pounds, he has the size to be a match up problem for opposing defenses.
Photo Credit: © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015