- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Raiders injury news: David Ausberry to miss preseason
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Oakland Raiders tight end David Ausberry will miss the remainder of the 2013 preseason with a right shoulder injury, according to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Head coach Dennis Allen also said that defensive back Tracy Porter is doubtful for the Raiders’ next preseason game against the Chicago Bears in the same report. The third-year tight end was set to compete for the starting tight end role with Richard Gordon, Mychal Rivera and Nick Kasa. He was poised to be a sleeper and could still emerge as Matt Flynn‘s top target.
The injury will be a setback, but it doesn’t necessarily quell his chances to start eventually. In 28 career games, Ausberry has started once and totaled nine catches for 106 yards. As a special-teamer, he showed a propensity to make big plays with two career fumble recoveries. He was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 draft out of USC. At 6-foot-4, 243 pounds, he has the size to be a match up problem for opposing defenses.
Photo Credit: © BrokenSphere / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015