- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NBA free agent news: Lakers, Clippers eye Louis Amundson
- Updated: August 17, 2013
The seven-year veteran would be the final piece to each teams’s roster and would provide frontcourt depth in a reserve capacity. The Clippers are the likely favorite to sign him, as they have sought a big man that can fill that niche since re-signing Chris Paul as their top priority. The Lakers, too, would benefit from his size and ability to take some of the burden off the Lakers aging big men Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman. With Jordan Hill coming off hip surgery, the Lakers’ coaching staff will likely keep an eye on his minutes as well, at least early on.
The 30-year-old Amundson averaged 1.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited action last season with the New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves. Though he’s locked in as a reserve player, his per-minute production for his career has been good with marks of 10.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes. His career player efficiency rating is 12.5.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015