- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
NBA free agent news: Lakers, Clippers eye Louis Amundson
- Updated: August 17, 2013
The seven-year veteran would be the final piece to each teams’s roster and would provide frontcourt depth in a reserve capacity. The Clippers are the likely favorite to sign him, as they have sought a big man that can fill that niche since re-signing Chris Paul as their top priority. The Lakers, too, would benefit from his size and ability to take some of the burden off the Lakers aging big men Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman. With Jordan Hill coming off hip surgery, the Lakers’ coaching staff will likely keep an eye on his minutes as well, at least early on.
The 30-year-old Amundson averaged 1.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited action last season with the New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves. Though he’s locked in as a reserve player, his per-minute production for his career has been good with marks of 10.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes. His career player efficiency rating is 12.5.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014