- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
NBA free agent news: Lakers, Clippers eye Louis Amundson
- Updated: August 17, 2013
The seven-year veteran would be the final piece to each teams’s roster and would provide frontcourt depth in a reserve capacity. The Clippers are the likely favorite to sign him, as they have sought a big man that can fill that niche since re-signing Chris Paul as their top priority. The Lakers, too, would benefit from his size and ability to take some of the burden off the Lakers aging big men Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman. With Jordan Hill coming off hip surgery, the Lakers’ coaching staff will likely keep an eye on his minutes as well, at least early on.
The 30-year-old Amundson averaged 1.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited action last season with the New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves. Though he’s locked in as a reserve player, his per-minute production for his career has been good with marks of 10.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes. His career player efficiency rating is 12.5.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015