- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
NBA free agent news: Lakers, Clippers eye Louis Amundson
- Updated: August 17, 2013
The seven-year veteran would be the final piece to each teams’s roster and would provide frontcourt depth in a reserve capacity. The Clippers are the likely favorite to sign him, as they have sought a big man that can fill that niche since re-signing Chris Paul as their top priority. The Lakers, too, would benefit from his size and ability to take some of the burden off the Lakers aging big men Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman. With Jordan Hill coming off hip surgery, the Lakers’ coaching staff will likely keep an eye on his minutes as well, at least early on.
The 30-year-old Amundson averaged 1.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited action last season with the New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves. Though he’s locked in as a reserve player, his per-minute production for his career has been good with marks of 10.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes. His career player efficiency rating is 12.5.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014