- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
NBA free agent news: Lakers, Clippers eye Louis Amundson
- Updated: August 17, 2013
The seven-year veteran would be the final piece to each teams’s roster and would provide frontcourt depth in a reserve capacity. The Clippers are the likely favorite to sign him, as they have sought a big man that can fill that niche since re-signing Chris Paul as their top priority. The Lakers, too, would benefit from his size and ability to take some of the burden off the Lakers aging big men Pau Gasol and Chris Kaman. With Jordan Hill coming off hip surgery, the Lakers’ coaching staff will likely keep an eye on his minutes as well, at least early on.
The 30-year-old Amundson averaged 1.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in limited action last season with the New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves. Though he’s locked in as a reserve player, his per-minute production for his career has been good with marks of 10.5 points and 10.1 rebounds per 36 minutes. His career player efficiency rating is 12.5.