- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
Eddie Royal injury: Chargers WR leaves practice in ambulance
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Update: Chargers.com reports that the injury sustained by Royal has been diagnosed as a bruised lung and a concussion. Full story below:
San Diego Chargers wide receiver Eddie Royal went down hard in practice on Saturday and had to be taken away in an ambulance, according to Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego.
“For precautionary reasons, we took him to the hospital to make sure he’s OK,” said head coach Mike McCoy after practice via Gehlken.
The injury occurred when Royal went up for a catch and fell hard to the ground after the play. Teammates began to approach him with concern after he was seen wearing what appeared to be an oxygen mask. As he was headed to the athletic trainer’s room, he stopped midway and began to receive on-the-spot medical attention before the ambulance came and took him to the hospital.
It was a scary sight for the thousands of fans on hand to watch the final open practice on Saturday and the latest in an incredible string of injuries to players. Also injured on the day was cornerback Steve Williams, who tore his pectoral muscle and will likely miss the remainder of the season. Any lengthy absence on Royal’s part will hamper the already thinning receiving corps, as wideout Danario Alexander will miss the entire 2013 season with a torn ACL he suffered in practice early in training camp.
Photo Credit: Chris Humphreys/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015