- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
Eddie Royal injury: Chargers WR leaves practice in ambulance
- Updated: August 17, 2013
Update: Chargers.com reports that the injury sustained by Royal has been diagnosed as a bruised lung and a concussion. Full story below:
San Diego Chargers wide receiver Eddie Royal went down hard in practice on Saturday and had to be taken away in an ambulance, according to Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego.
“For precautionary reasons, we took him to the hospital to make sure he’s OK,” said head coach Mike McCoy after practice via Gehlken.
The injury occurred when Royal went up for a catch and fell hard to the ground after the play. Teammates began to approach him with concern after he was seen wearing what appeared to be an oxygen mask. As he was headed to the athletic trainer’s room, he stopped midway and began to receive on-the-spot medical attention before the ambulance came and took him to the hospital.
It was a scary sight for the thousands of fans on hand to watch the final open practice on Saturday and the latest in an incredible string of injuries to players. Also injured on the day was cornerback Steve Williams, who tore his pectoral muscle and will likely miss the remainder of the season. Any lengthy absence on Royal’s part will hamper the already thinning receiving corps, as wideout Danario Alexander will miss the entire 2013 season with a torn ACL he suffered in practice early in training camp.
Photo Credit: Chris Humphreys/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014