- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to react to low expectations
- Updated: August 15, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers lost out on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, suffered a freak number of injuries last season and are handcuffed by their inability to sign any substantial additions to the roster. Their hands are tied given their luxury tax situation, and that means that they have to go into the 2013-14 campaign with tempered expectations.
12th I see..
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) August 14, 2013
It’s a typical, Mamba-like response from Bryant, who has made a career out of thriving off the hatred of others. It’s one of the reasons that he plays so well in Madison Square Garden or inexplicably was able to put together a string of world-class performances while under intense legal pressure as a result of his sexual assault trial.
In other words, he’s as focused as they come. More importantly, he’s one of the most driven and self-motivated athletes we’ve ever seen. The fact that no one is picking the Lakers to be a lottery team even though they feature three future Hall of Famers is a slight that Bryant will undoubtedly use to fuel him further.
The Lakers will surprise a lot of people next year, and apparently, that includes the good folks over at ESPN.com.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmond / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014