- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to react to low expectations
- Updated: August 15, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers lost out on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, suffered a freak number of injuries last season and are handcuffed by their inability to sign any substantial additions to the roster. Their hands are tied given their luxury tax situation, and that means that they have to go into the 2013-14 campaign with tempered expectations.
12th I see..
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) August 14, 2013
It’s a typical, Mamba-like response from Bryant, who has made a career out of thriving off the hatred of others. It’s one of the reasons that he plays so well in Madison Square Garden or inexplicably was able to put together a string of world-class performances while under intense legal pressure as a result of his sexual assault trial.
In other words, he’s as focused as they come. More importantly, he’s one of the most driven and self-motivated athletes we’ve ever seen. The fact that no one is picking the Lakers to be a lottery team even though they feature three future Hall of Famers is a slight that Bryant will undoubtedly use to fuel him further.
The Lakers will surprise a lot of people next year, and apparently, that includes the good folks over at ESPN.com.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmond / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014