- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to react to low expectations
- Updated: August 15, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers lost out on the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, suffered a freak number of injuries last season and are handcuffed by their inability to sign any substantial additions to the roster. Their hands are tied given their luxury tax situation, and that means that they have to go into the 2013-14 campaign with tempered expectations.
12th I see..
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) August 14, 2013
It’s a typical, Mamba-like response from Bryant, who has made a career out of thriving off the hatred of others. It’s one of the reasons that he plays so well in Madison Square Garden or inexplicably was able to put together a string of world-class performances while under intense legal pressure as a result of his sexual assault trial.
In other words, he’s as focused as they come. More importantly, he’s one of the most driven and self-motivated athletes we’ve ever seen. The fact that no one is picking the Lakers to be a lottery team even though they feature three future Hall of Famers is a slight that Bryant will undoubtedly use to fuel him further.
The Lakers will surprise a lot of people next year, and apparently, that includes the good folks over at ESPN.com.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmond / USA Today
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015