- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Lakers sign Elias Harris to multi-year deal
- Updated: August 14, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers signed forward Elias Harris to a multi-year contract, the team announced on Wednesday via general manager Mitch Kupchak.
To be consistent with team policy, terms of the agreement were not made public.
Harris played in all five games and started each for the Lakers’ Las Vegas Summer League team and averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes. He adds size and athleticism at 6-foot-8 and will be a key component of the Lakers’ efforts to get younger and build from within.
A native of Germany, Harris starred for the Gonzaga Bulldogs collegiately, where he amassed career averages of 13.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists. In his senior season with the Zags, he led them along with Kelly Olynyk to a 32-3 record and the school’s first No. 1 ranking in its history.
He also played for his home country, last suiting up internationally in the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey. His maturity and experience should allow him to contribute right away as the Lakers transition into a year with a much younger crop of players who better suit head coach Mike D’Antoni’s system.
It’s not an inspiring hire to say the least, but the Lakers are doing the best they can under the salary cap constraints they’re currently facing. Harris should compete for minutes with Wesley Johnson at the small forward spot.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014