- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers sign Elias Harris to multi-year deal
- Updated: August 14, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers signed forward Elias Harris to a multi-year contract, the team announced on Wednesday via general manager Mitch Kupchak.
To be consistent with team policy, terms of the agreement were not made public.
Harris played in all five games and started each for the Lakers’ Las Vegas Summer League team and averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes. He adds size and athleticism at 6-foot-8 and will be a key component of the Lakers’ efforts to get younger and build from within.
A native of Germany, Harris starred for the Gonzaga Bulldogs collegiately, where he amassed career averages of 13.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists. In his senior season with the Zags, he led them along with Kelly Olynyk to a 32-3 record and the school’s first No. 1 ranking in its history.
He also played for his home country, last suiting up internationally in the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey. His maturity and experience should allow him to contribute right away as the Lakers transition into a year with a much younger crop of players who better suit head coach Mike D’Antoni’s system.
It’s not an inspiring hire to say the least, but the Lakers are doing the best they can under the salary cap constraints they’re currently facing. Harris should compete for minutes with Wesley Johnson at the small forward spot.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015