- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Lakers sign Elias Harris to multi-year deal
- Updated: August 14, 2013
The Los Angeles Lakers signed forward Elias Harris to a multi-year contract, the team announced on Wednesday via general manager Mitch Kupchak.
To be consistent with team policy, terms of the agreement were not made public.
Harris played in all five games and started each for the Lakers’ Las Vegas Summer League team and averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27.0 minutes. He adds size and athleticism at 6-foot-8 and will be a key component of the Lakers’ efforts to get younger and build from within.
A native of Germany, Harris starred for the Gonzaga Bulldogs collegiately, where he amassed career averages of 13.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.3 assists. In his senior season with the Zags, he led them along with Kelly Olynyk to a 32-3 record and the school’s first No. 1 ranking in its history.
He also played for his home country, last suiting up internationally in the 2010 FIBA World Championships in Turkey. His maturity and experience should allow him to contribute right away as the Lakers transition into a year with a much younger crop of players who better suit head coach Mike D’Antoni’s system.
It’s not an inspiring hire to say the least, but the Lakers are doing the best they can under the salary cap constraints they’re currently facing. Harris should compete for minutes with Wesley Johnson at the small forward spot.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014