- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
Marqise Lee injury: USC WR is day-to-day with bone bruise
- Updated: August 11, 2013
The injury occurred on Friday in practice after Lee caught a deep pass from quarterback Cody Kessler and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and was in obvious pain. When trainers tended to him, he had to be helped off the field and was later carted out of the practice facility with his arm in a sling. It didn’t look good, but the news has been nothing but since.
“Obviously, that’s great news,” head coach Lane Kiffin told the Los Angeles Times.
The injury, which the team diagnosed as a bone bruise, is not considered serious and should not keep him out for a lengthy period, though he missed practice on Saturday. Kiffin said that Lee should return soon and that his workload would be lessened as he comes back. He also spoke about the bonus of having a key player return who could have been lost by all appearances.
“When you lose your wallet, you’re really upset,” he said via the Times. “But when you find your wallet, you’re really right back where you started but you feel good about it. So we were excited last night but we’re really back to where we started.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014