- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Marqise Lee injury: USC WR is day-to-day with bone bruise
- Updated: August 11, 2013
The injury occurred on Friday in practice after Lee caught a deep pass from quarterback Cody Kessler and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and was in obvious pain. When trainers tended to him, he had to be helped off the field and was later carted out of the practice facility with his arm in a sling. It didn’t look good, but the news has been nothing but since.
“Obviously, that’s great news,” head coach Lane Kiffin told the Los Angeles Times.
The injury, which the team diagnosed as a bone bruise, is not considered serious and should not keep him out for a lengthy period, though he missed practice on Saturday. Kiffin said that Lee should return soon and that his workload would be lessened as he comes back. He also spoke about the bonus of having a key player return who could have been lost by all appearances.
“When you lose your wallet, you’re really upset,” he said via the Times. “But when you find your wallet, you’re really right back where you started but you feel good about it. So we were excited last night but we’re really back to where we started.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014