- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Marqise Lee injury: USC WR is day-to-day with bone bruise
- Updated: August 11, 2013
The injury occurred on Friday in practice after Lee caught a deep pass from quarterback Cody Kessler and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and was in obvious pain. When trainers tended to him, he had to be helped off the field and was later carted out of the practice facility with his arm in a sling. It didn’t look good, but the news has been nothing but since.
“Obviously, that’s great news,” head coach Lane Kiffin told the Los Angeles Times.
The injury, which the team diagnosed as a bone bruise, is not considered serious and should not keep him out for a lengthy period, though he missed practice on Saturday. Kiffin said that Lee should return soon and that his workload would be lessened as he comes back. He also spoke about the bonus of having a key player return who could have been lost by all appearances.
“When you lose your wallet, you’re really upset,” he said via the Times. “But when you find your wallet, you’re really right back where you started but you feel good about it. So we were excited last night but we’re really back to where we started.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014