- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Marqise Lee injury: USC WR is day-to-day with bone bruise
- Updated: August 11, 2013
The injury occurred on Friday in practice after Lee caught a deep pass from quarterback Cody Kessler and landed awkwardly on his shoulder and was in obvious pain. When trainers tended to him, he had to be helped off the field and was later carted out of the practice facility with his arm in a sling. It didn’t look good, but the news has been nothing but since.
“Obviously, that’s great news,” head coach Lane Kiffin told the Los Angeles Times.
The injury, which the team diagnosed as a bone bruise, is not considered serious and should not keep him out for a lengthy period, though he missed practice on Saturday. Kiffin said that Lee should return soon and that his workload would be lessened as he comes back. He also spoke about the bonus of having a key player return who could have been lost by all appearances.
“When you lose your wallet, you’re really upset,” he said via the Times. “But when you find your wallet, you’re really right back where you started but you feel good about it. So we were excited last night but we’re really back to where we started.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015