- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Latest posts by Bob Garcia (see all)
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning - December 5, 2013
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game - December 4, 2013
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again - December 4, 2013