- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Kobe Bryant begins rigorous training regimen - April 22, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 16: Warriors squeeze by Clippers, Clayton Kershaw nears return - April 21, 2014
- 5 players the Lakers should eye in free agency - April 20, 2014