- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeanie Buss sticks up for Kobe Bryant - October 24, 2014
- Lakers G Steve Nash to miss 2014-15 season - October 23, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 114-108 loss to Suns - October 22, 2014