- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- 5 things learned from Lakers 126-83 win over Maccabi Haifa - October 11, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Sound Bites - September 28, 2015
- 2015 Lakers Media Day Slideshow - September 28, 2015