- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Have the Los Angeles Lakers finally hit rock bottom this season? - March 7, 2014
- Lakers suffer franchise worst loss in a 142-94 blowout to Clippers - March 7, 2014
- Kobe Bryant has a message for the haters - March 6, 2014