- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
- Chargers, Kevin Faulconer begin new stadium talks
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.