- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers sign Michael Frazier to multi-year deal - August 25, 2015
- Lakers’ blueprint to playoffs dependent on youth - August 10, 2015
- Byron Scott says Kobe Bryant could play in the post - July 29, 2015