- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Kobe Bryant’s health will dictate how he ends his career - January 25, 2015
- Lakers G Kobe Bryant out indefinitely with a torn rotator cuff - January 22, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 3: Seahawks advance to Super Bowl, Ohio State tops Oregon for National Championship - January 19, 2015