- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.