- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Byron Scott announces Lakers’ coaching staff - September 17, 2014
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 36: USC falls to BC, USA wins World Cup Gold - September 15, 2014
- Can Steve Nash be Lakers starting point guard? - September 14, 2014