- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Patrick Willis injury: 49ers LB undergoes surgery
- Updated: August 7, 2013
The six-year veteran suffered the injured to his hand during last Wednesday’s practice while he was working out with fullback Bruce Miller in a one-on-one pass-rush drill. He is expected to be out for about three weeks, which will allow him to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 8 against the Green Bay Packers.
Willis is no stranger to right hand injuries in his football career as he played with a cast on during his rookie season in 2007 and also for a game late in the 2010 season. The six-time Pro Bowl selection also wore a cast during his sophomore year at the University of Mississippi.
Last season, he had 120 tackles with two forced fumbles and two interceptions. In five of out his first six seasons in the NFL, he has recorded more than 100 tackles in a season and since being selected in the 2007 NFL draft he is second in most tackles with 812 behind Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher‘s 842.
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 9: UCLA adds Tom Bradley as new DC, Inglewood passes NFL stadium initiative - March 2, 2015
- Jordan Clarkson continuing to progress in rookie season - March 1, 2015
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 101-93 over Bucks - February 28, 2015