- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Chargers news: Danario Alexander suffers torn ACL
- Updated: August 6, 2013
The San Diego Chargers announced on Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander suffered a torn ACL during practice. No other information was made immediately available, though the injury almost certainly means he will miss the entire 2013 season.
The injury marks the first major blow to an offensive player during training camp. The Bolts have managed to stay relatively healthy on that side of the ball, but losing a player who was making big strides forward as one of Philip Rivers‘ primary targets will at the very least be a significant setback.
In 10 games with the Bolts in 2012, Alexander started seven and amassed 37 receptions for 658 yards and seven touchdowns. At 6-foot-5, his size made him a viable target in the red zone when matched up against shorter defensive backs. On Monday, the Chargers released their first depth chart, and Alexander was listed as the starting wideout opposite Malcom Floyd.
If there’s any silver lining for the Chargers, it’s that they are relatively deep at the position. Eddie Royal and Vincent Brown are likely to contend for the other starting spot opposite Malcom Floyd, while rookie Keenan Allen figures to compete for a primary role as well.
Photo Credit: Jake Roth/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014
- VIDEO: Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig do battle in Spring Training - March 7, 2014