- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Chargers news: Danario Alexander suffers torn ACL
- Updated: August 6, 2013
The San Diego Chargers announced on Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander suffered a torn ACL during practice. No other information was made immediately available, though the injury almost certainly means he will miss the entire 2013 season.
The injury marks the first major blow to an offensive player during training camp. The Bolts have managed to stay relatively healthy on that side of the ball, but losing a player who was making big strides forward as one of Philip Rivers‘ primary targets will at the very least be a significant setback.
In 10 games with the Bolts in 2012, Alexander started seven and amassed 37 receptions for 658 yards and seven touchdowns. At 6-foot-5, his size made him a viable target in the red zone when matched up against shorter defensive backs. On Monday, the Chargers released their first depth chart, and Alexander was listed as the starting wideout opposite Malcom Floyd.
If there’s any silver lining for the Chargers, it’s that they are relatively deep at the position. Eddie Royal and Vincent Brown are likely to contend for the other starting spot opposite Malcom Floyd, while rookie Keenan Allen figures to compete for a primary role as well.
Photo Credit: Jake Roth/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015