- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
49ers news: Chris Culliver tears ACL in practice
- Updated: August 2, 2013
This provides San Francisco with a problem that they really didn’t need. After already having a depleted cornerback core, the 49ers will be looking for players such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Perish Cox to step up.
So far this offseason, starters Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, and Culliver have all been injured. And while this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, it is looking like a different team in training camp.
On top of this, the trade that would have put cornerback Eric Wright on the 49ers was voided due to a failed physical. This has not been the offseason that San Francisco had hoped for, but if there was one coach that could handle these troubles it would be Jim Harbaugh.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Padres News: Josh Johnson will undergo Tommy John Surgery - April 24, 2014
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions - April 16, 2014
- 5 Padres who need strong seasons in 2014 - April 13, 2014