- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
49ers news: Chris Culliver tears ACL in practice
- Updated: August 2, 2013
This provides San Francisco with a problem that they really didn’t need. After already having a depleted cornerback core, the 49ers will be looking for players such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Perish Cox to step up.
So far this offseason, starters Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, and Culliver have all been injured. And while this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, it is looking like a different team in training camp.
On top of this, the trade that would have put cornerback Eric Wright on the 49ers was voided due to a failed physical. This has not been the offseason that San Francisco had hoped for, but if there was one coach that could handle these troubles it would be Jim Harbaugh.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Chargers News: Bolts use big plays to squeak out victory - November 25, 2014
- Chargers News: Bolts win wild one 27-24 - November 24, 2014
- Chargers News: Bolts D rises to the occasion - November 18, 2014