- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
49ers news: Chris Culliver tears ACL in practice
- Updated: August 2, 2013
This provides San Francisco with a problem that they really didn’t need. After already having a depleted cornerback core, the 49ers will be looking for players such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Perish Cox to step up.
So far this offseason, starters Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, and Culliver have all been injured. And while this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, it is looking like a different team in training camp.
On top of this, the trade that would have put cornerback Eric Wright on the 49ers was voided due to a failed physical. This has not been the offseason that San Francisco had hoped for, but if there was one coach that could handle these troubles it would be Jim Harbaugh.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Chargers sign DL Mitch Unrein - March 19, 2015
- Chargers News: Brandon Flowers agrees to 4-year deal - March 8, 2015
- Sharks News: Has GM Doug Wilson given up on Marleau, Thornton era? - March 4, 2015