- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
49ers news: Chris Culliver tears ACL in practice
- Updated: August 2, 2013
This provides San Francisco with a problem that they really didn’t need. After already having a depleted cornerback core, the 49ers will be looking for players such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Perish Cox to step up.
So far this offseason, starters Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, and Culliver have all been injured. And while this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, it is looking like a different team in training camp.
On top of this, the trade that would have put cornerback Eric Wright on the 49ers was voided due to a failed physical. This has not been the offseason that San Francisco had hoped for, but if there was one coach that could handle these troubles it would be Jim Harbaugh.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Eric Weddle won’t talk contract with Chargers after deadline passes, per report - July 30, 2015
- Chargers News: Where will the pass rush come from? - July 30, 2015
- Bolts need elite secondary to take next step - July 25, 2015