- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
49ers news: Chris Culliver tears ACL in practice
- Updated: August 2, 2013
This provides San Francisco with a problem that they really didn’t need. After already having a depleted cornerback core, the 49ers will be looking for players such as Nnamdi Asomugha and Perish Cox to step up.
So far this offseason, starters Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis, and Culliver have all been injured. And while this is the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year, it is looking like a different team in training camp.
On top of this, the trade that would have put cornerback Eric Wright on the 49ers was voided due to a failed physical. This has not been the offseason that San Francisco had hoped for, but if there was one coach that could handle these troubles it would be Jim Harbaugh.
Photo Credit: Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Maxim Garshman (see all)
- Sharks news: Patrick Marleau eyes Team Canada Olympic spot - December 12, 2013
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose - December 5, 2013
- Los Angeles Kings News: Jonathan Quick out at least another month - November 21, 2013