- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
49ers training camp 2013: Patrick Willis sustains right hand injury
- Updated: August 1, 2013
San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker Patrick Willis sustained a right hand injury in training camp on Wednesday and will undergo X-rays on Thursday in order to find the extent of the damage, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury appeared to take place when he collided with fullback Bruce Miller. Willis then sat out the remainder of practice and watched from the sidelines after the team medical staff examined his hand and tended to it by placing a large wrap around it. After practice, he didn’t sign autographs because of the hand injury, and pointed to the taped appendage when fans asked.
His injury history is troubling when it comes to the hand in question. In 2010, he fractured it and played two games with the injury, and in 2007, he broke the same hand and had to play with a cast.
Willis is the cornerstone to the 49ers’ defense and the undisputed leader on that side of the ball. Given the 49ers’ collection of injuries to key players, missing Willis for any period of time during the regular season would be devastating. The 49er faithful are all holding their breath while awaiting further details.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmondson / USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014