- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
49ers training camp 2013: Patrick Willis sustains right hand injury
- Updated: August 1, 2013
San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker Patrick Willis sustained a right hand injury in training camp on Wednesday and will undergo X-rays on Thursday in order to find the extent of the damage, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury appeared to take place when he collided with fullback Bruce Miller. Willis then sat out the remainder of practice and watched from the sidelines after the team medical staff examined his hand and tended to it by placing a large wrap around it. After practice, he didn’t sign autographs because of the hand injury, and pointed to the taped appendage when fans asked.
His injury history is troubling when it comes to the hand in question. In 2010, he fractured it and played two games with the injury, and in 2007, he broke the same hand and had to play with a cast.
Willis is the cornerstone to the 49ers’ defense and the undisputed leader on that side of the ball. Given the 49ers’ collection of injuries to key players, missing Willis for any period of time during the regular season would be devastating. The 49er faithful are all holding their breath while awaiting further details.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmondson / USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014