- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
49ers training camp 2013: Patrick Willis sustains right hand injury
- Updated: August 1, 2013
San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker Patrick Willis sustained a right hand injury in training camp on Wednesday and will undergo X-rays on Thursday in order to find the extent of the damage, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury appeared to take place when he collided with fullback Bruce Miller. Willis then sat out the remainder of practice and watched from the sidelines after the team medical staff examined his hand and tended to it by placing a large wrap around it. After practice, he didn’t sign autographs because of the hand injury, and pointed to the taped appendage when fans asked.
His injury history is troubling when it comes to the hand in question. In 2010, he fractured it and played two games with the injury, and in 2007, he broke the same hand and had to play with a cast.
Willis is the cornerstone to the 49ers’ defense and the undisputed leader on that side of the ball. Given the 49ers’ collection of injuries to key players, missing Willis for any period of time during the regular season would be devastating. The 49er faithful are all holding their breath while awaiting further details.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmondson / USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015