- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
49ers training camp 2013: Patrick Willis sustains right hand injury
- Updated: August 1, 2013
San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker Patrick Willis sustained a right hand injury in training camp on Wednesday and will undergo X-rays on Thursday in order to find the extent of the damage, according to CSNBayArea.com.
The injury appeared to take place when he collided with fullback Bruce Miller. Willis then sat out the remainder of practice and watched from the sidelines after the team medical staff examined his hand and tended to it by placing a large wrap around it. After practice, he didn’t sign autographs because of the hand injury, and pointed to the taped appendage when fans asked.
His injury history is troubling when it comes to the hand in question. In 2010, he fractured it and played two games with the injury, and in 2007, he broke the same hand and had to play with a cast.
Willis is the cornerstone to the 49ers’ defense and the undisputed leader on that side of the ball. Given the 49ers’ collection of injuries to key players, missing Willis for any period of time during the regular season would be devastating. The 49er faithful are all holding their breath while awaiting further details.
Photo Credit: Cary Edmondson / USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015