- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Kevin Durant booed by fans at Dodger Stadium, NBA star enjoys it
- Updated: July 31, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is still just beginning his career, but he’s already entrenched himself in the minds of Los Angeles sports fans as the enemy.
The three-time NBA scoring champion was mercilessly booed by the Los Angeles Dodgers faithful on Tuesday night during a game against the New York Yankees, joining Jay-Z and other NBA stars. When he was pictured on the big screen over the outfield, fans let him have it, but he took it in stride:
Just got boo’d at a dodger game! My life is complete
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) July 31, 2013
The Thunder embarrassed the Los Angeles Lakers the last time the two teams met in the postseason, defeating them 4-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals after winning the Pacific Division in 2011-12. It’s understandable why Los Angelinos would go at him when the opportunity presented itself. He’s a perennial All-NBA talent who has crushed Lakers fans on the court in a relatively short amount of time.
L.A. natives James Harden and Russell Westbrook were also at the game and got their 15 seconds on-screen. In addition, several other celebrities showed up (it was Dodgers vs. Yankees, after all), including super-agent Scott Boras, actor Jack Nicholson, Magic Johnson and NHL Hall-of-Famer Luc Robitaille.
Photo Credit: Noah Gram / Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014