- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Kevin Durant booed by fans at Dodger Stadium, NBA star enjoys it
- Updated: July 31, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is still just beginning his career, but he’s already entrenched himself in the minds of Los Angeles sports fans as the enemy.
The three-time NBA scoring champion was mercilessly booed by the Los Angeles Dodgers faithful on Tuesday night during a game against the New York Yankees, joining Jay-Z and other NBA stars. When he was pictured on the big screen over the outfield, fans let him have it, but he took it in stride:
Just got boo’d at a dodger game! My life is complete
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) July 31, 2013
The Thunder embarrassed the Los Angeles Lakers the last time the two teams met in the postseason, defeating them 4-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals after winning the Pacific Division in 2011-12. It’s understandable why Los Angelinos would go at him when the opportunity presented itself. He’s a perennial All-NBA talent who has crushed Lakers fans on the court in a relatively short amount of time.
L.A. natives James Harden and Russell Westbrook were also at the game and got their 15 seconds on-screen. In addition, several other celebrities showed up (it was Dodgers vs. Yankees, after all), including super-agent Scott Boras, actor Jack Nicholson, Magic Johnson and NHL Hall-of-Famer Luc Robitaille.
Photo Credit: Noah Gram / Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014