- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Kevin Durant booed by fans at Dodger Stadium, NBA star enjoys it
- Updated: July 31, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is still just beginning his career, but he’s already entrenched himself in the minds of Los Angeles sports fans as the enemy.
The three-time NBA scoring champion was mercilessly booed by the Los Angeles Dodgers faithful on Tuesday night during a game against the New York Yankees, joining Jay-Z and other NBA stars. When he was pictured on the big screen over the outfield, fans let him have it, but he took it in stride:
Just got boo’d at a dodger game! My life is complete
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) July 31, 2013
The Thunder embarrassed the Los Angeles Lakers the last time the two teams met in the postseason, defeating them 4-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals after winning the Pacific Division in 2011-12. It’s understandable why Los Angelinos would go at him when the opportunity presented itself. He’s a perennial All-NBA talent who has crushed Lakers fans on the court in a relatively short amount of time.
L.A. natives James Harden and Russell Westbrook were also at the game and got their 15 seconds on-screen. In addition, several other celebrities showed up (it was Dodgers vs. Yankees, after all), including super-agent Scott Boras, actor Jack Nicholson, Magic Johnson and NHL Hall-of-Famer Luc Robitaille.
Photo Credit: Noah Gram / Getty Images
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015