- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Kevin Durant booed by fans at Dodger Stadium, NBA star enjoys it
- Updated: July 31, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder superstar Kevin Durant is still just beginning his career, but he’s already entrenched himself in the minds of Los Angeles sports fans as the enemy.
The three-time NBA scoring champion was mercilessly booed by the Los Angeles Dodgers faithful on Tuesday night during a game against the New York Yankees, joining Jay-Z and other NBA stars. When he was pictured on the big screen over the outfield, fans let him have it, but he took it in stride:
Just got boo’d at a dodger game! My life is complete
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) July 31, 2013
The Thunder embarrassed the Los Angeles Lakers the last time the two teams met in the postseason, defeating them 4-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals after winning the Pacific Division in 2011-12. It’s understandable why Los Angelinos would go at him when the opportunity presented itself. He’s a perennial All-NBA talent who has crushed Lakers fans on the court in a relatively short amount of time.
L.A. natives James Harden and Russell Westbrook were also at the game and got their 15 seconds on-screen. In addition, several other celebrities showed up (it was Dodgers vs. Yankees, after all), including super-agent Scott Boras, actor Jack Nicholson, Magic Johnson and NHL Hall-of-Famer Luc Robitaille.
Photo Credit: Noah Gram / Getty Images