- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers offseason: 3 things San Francisco can do to move past off-field issues - April 23, 2014
- 49ers offseason: Wide receiver position is becoming crowded - April 18, 2014
- San Francisco 49ers, Brandon Lloyd agree on one-year deal - April 15, 2014