- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 15 primer: It could get ugly in Seattle - December 12, 2014
- 49ers Week 14 primer: Playoffs start now - December 5, 2014
- 49ers Week 13 Primer: High stakes in latest installment of NFL’s best rivalry - November 26, 2014