- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers need more production out of their star players on offense - October 22, 2014
- 49ers Week 7 primer: Can a banged up defense keep up with Peyton Manning? - October 17, 2014
- Colin Kaepernick takes a big step forward in 49ers’ Week 6 win - October 15, 2014