- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Is Jim Tomsula just Jed York’s puppet? - January 15, 2015
- 49ers’ decision to pursue Adam Gase as head coach is misguided - January 13, 2015
- San Francisco 49ers 2014 team award winners - January 9, 2015