- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- Can Carlos Hyde take the next step? - April 10, 2015
- 49ers have to start thinking long term at wide receiver and tight end - April 3, 2015
- 49ers were prepared for roster turnover - March 27, 2015