- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
49ers News: Jim Harbaugh silent on Ahmad Brooks punishment
- Updated: July 24, 2013
San Francisco 49ers’ linebacker Ahmad Brooks may still face some sort of discipline for his alleged assault on teammate Lamar Divens. Brooks allegedly struck Divens with a bottle multiple times on June 8th. Although he will not be charged with a crime, the NFL still has the right to discipline players for involvement in certain incidents and will most likely investigate the matter. Brooks also runs the risk of being disciplined by the 49ers themselves, but head coach Jim Harbaugh is not discussing the situation.
“(I am) not publicly discussing what our conversations have been with Ahmad or with any of our players,” Harbaugh said. “(I am) not going to discuss what my conversations with him have been. As a general practice, (I) don’t discuss conversations with any player on our team.”
Brooks has started all 32 regular season games for the 49ers the last two seasons and has 13.5 sacks during that time. Should he miss any action, Parys Haralson and rookie Corey Lemonier would most likely see time in his place.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Latest posts by Al Sacco (see all)
- 49ers Week 3 primer: Can the Niners rebound after a tough loss? - September 19, 2014
- Is Colin Kaepernick’s play in the fourth quarter a concern? - September 17, 2014
- 49ers Week 2 primer: Niners set to open new home against Bears - September 10, 2014