- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
NBA Summer League 2013: Warriors advance to finals vs. Suns
- Updated: July 22, 2013
The Golden State Warriors will take part in the inaugural Summer League Championship game and take on the Phoenix Suns on Monday at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
The Warriors defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 75-67 on Sunday to extend their Las Vegas Summer League winning streak to 13 games. In addition to the team success, second-year player Kent Bazemore has impressed with highlight-reel dunks and sound scoring ability for the second straight year. He hit 2-of-5 from beyond the arc and was 4-of-12 with 13 points on the evening.
He’s been the best story of the summer for the Dubs, who may be forced to use him more after he continued to impress in Las Vegas. Sometimes, all a player needs is opportunity, and in severely limited minutes a season ago, he struggled to get a real look. The good news is that he’s probably as good at dunking as he is at celebrating, which means that Golden State fans are in for a treat if he gets some run this year.
For now, fans should tune in to the final Summer League game, which will air a 6 p.m. PT on NBA TV.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014