- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
NBA Summer League 2013: Warriors advance to finals vs. Suns
- Updated: July 22, 2013
The Golden State Warriors will take part in the inaugural Summer League Championship game and take on the Phoenix Suns on Monday at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
The Warriors defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 75-67 on Sunday to extend their Las Vegas Summer League winning streak to 13 games. In addition to the team success, second-year player Kent Bazemore has impressed with highlight-reel dunks and sound scoring ability for the second straight year. He hit 2-of-5 from beyond the arc and was 4-of-12 with 13 points on the evening.
He’s been the best story of the summer for the Dubs, who may be forced to use him more after he continued to impress in Las Vegas. Sometimes, all a player needs is opportunity, and in severely limited minutes a season ago, he struggled to get a real look. The good news is that he’s probably as good at dunking as he is at celebrating, which means that Golden State fans are in for a treat if he gets some run this year.
For now, fans should tune in to the final Summer League game, which will air a 6 p.m. PT on NBA TV.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014