- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
NBA Summer League 2013: Warriors advance to finals vs. Suns
- Updated: July 22, 2013
The Golden State Warriors will take part in the inaugural Summer League Championship game and take on the Phoenix Suns on Monday at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
The Warriors defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 75-67 on Sunday to extend their Las Vegas Summer League winning streak to 13 games. In addition to the team success, second-year player Kent Bazemore has impressed with highlight-reel dunks and sound scoring ability for the second straight year. He hit 2-of-5 from beyond the arc and was 4-of-12 with 13 points on the evening.
He’s been the best story of the summer for the Dubs, who may be forced to use him more after he continued to impress in Las Vegas. Sometimes, all a player needs is opportunity, and in severely limited minutes a season ago, he struggled to get a real look. The good news is that he’s probably as good at dunking as he is at celebrating, which means that Golden State fans are in for a treat if he gets some run this year.
For now, fans should tune in to the final Summer League game, which will air a 6 p.m. PT on NBA TV.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014