- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
NBA Summer League 2013: Warriors advance to finals vs. Suns
- Updated: July 22, 2013
The Golden State Warriors will take part in the inaugural Summer League Championship game and take on the Phoenix Suns on Monday at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
The Warriors defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 75-67 on Sunday to extend their Las Vegas Summer League winning streak to 13 games. In addition to the team success, second-year player Kent Bazemore has impressed with highlight-reel dunks and sound scoring ability for the second straight year. He hit 2-of-5 from beyond the arc and was 4-of-12 with 13 points on the evening.
He’s been the best story of the summer for the Dubs, who may be forced to use him more after he continued to impress in Las Vegas. Sometimes, all a player needs is opportunity, and in severely limited minutes a season ago, he struggled to get a real look. The good news is that he’s probably as good at dunking as he is at celebrating, which means that Golden State fans are in for a treat if he gets some run this year.
For now, fans should tune in to the final Summer League game, which will air a 6 p.m. PT on NBA TV.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015