- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
NaVorro Bowman on Colin Kaepernick’s Dolphins cap: ‘Huge mistake’
- Updated: July 17, 2013
“This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman said on NFL Network’s Total Access. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era, these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”
There are two schools of thought on either side of the argument of whether or not it was a good or bad idea by Kaepernick to wear an opposing team’s hat. The old-school mantra is that it’s almost sacrilegious to represent anyone other than one’s own team, while the younger generation has embraced the thinking that fashion statements are completely separate from one’s loyalty to a team.
Bowman understands both sides, but called the decision a mistake because of who Kaepernick is. As the quarterback of one of the most storied franchises ever, self-awareness is of the utmost importance. Kaepernick showed some defiance with his Instagram rant that the hat wasn’t a big deal, but later put out a picture of him in 49ers gear.
No matter what anyone thinks, he’s not likely to make the same mistake ever again.
Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015