- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
NaVorro Bowman on Colin Kaepernick’s Dolphins cap: ‘Huge mistake’
- Updated: July 17, 2013
“This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman said on NFL Network’s Total Access. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era, these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”
There are two schools of thought on either side of the argument of whether or not it was a good or bad idea by Kaepernick to wear an opposing team’s hat. The old-school mantra is that it’s almost sacrilegious to represent anyone other than one’s own team, while the younger generation has embraced the thinking that fashion statements are completely separate from one’s loyalty to a team.
Bowman understands both sides, but called the decision a mistake because of who Kaepernick is. As the quarterback of one of the most storied franchises ever, self-awareness is of the utmost importance. Kaepernick showed some defiance with his Instagram rant that the hat wasn’t a big deal, but later put out a picture of him in 49ers gear.
No matter what anyone thinks, he’s not likely to make the same mistake ever again.
Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015