- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
NaVorro Bowman on Colin Kaepernick’s Dolphins cap: ‘Huge mistake’
- Updated: July 17, 2013
“This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman said on NFL Network’s Total Access. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era, these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”
There are two schools of thought on either side of the argument of whether or not it was a good or bad idea by Kaepernick to wear an opposing team’s hat. The old-school mantra is that it’s almost sacrilegious to represent anyone other than one’s own team, while the younger generation has embraced the thinking that fashion statements are completely separate from one’s loyalty to a team.
Bowman understands both sides, but called the decision a mistake because of who Kaepernick is. As the quarterback of one of the most storied franchises ever, self-awareness is of the utmost importance. Kaepernick showed some defiance with his Instagram rant that the hat wasn’t a big deal, but later put out a picture of him in 49ers gear.
No matter what anyone thinks, he’s not likely to make the same mistake ever again.
Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014