- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
NaVorro Bowman on Colin Kaepernick’s Dolphins cap: ‘Huge mistake’
- Updated: July 17, 2013
“This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman said on NFL Network’s Total Access. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era, these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”
There are two schools of thought on either side of the argument of whether or not it was a good or bad idea by Kaepernick to wear an opposing team’s hat. The old-school mantra is that it’s almost sacrilegious to represent anyone other than one’s own team, while the younger generation has embraced the thinking that fashion statements are completely separate from one’s loyalty to a team.
Bowman understands both sides, but called the decision a mistake because of who Kaepernick is. As the quarterback of one of the most storied franchises ever, self-awareness is of the utmost importance. Kaepernick showed some defiance with his Instagram rant that the hat wasn’t a big deal, but later put out a picture of him in 49ers gear.
No matter what anyone thinks, he’s not likely to make the same mistake ever again.
Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014