- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
NaVorro Bowman on Colin Kaepernick’s Dolphins cap: ‘Huge mistake’
- Updated: July 17, 2013
“This is a huge mistake by Kaep,” Bowman said on NFL Network’s Total Access. “I’m sure he understands that now. In his defense, we’re young, in our era, these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits.”
There are two schools of thought on either side of the argument of whether or not it was a good or bad idea by Kaepernick to wear an opposing team’s hat. The old-school mantra is that it’s almost sacrilegious to represent anyone other than one’s own team, while the younger generation has embraced the thinking that fashion statements are completely separate from one’s loyalty to a team.
Bowman understands both sides, but called the decision a mistake because of who Kaepernick is. As the quarterback of one of the most storied franchises ever, self-awareness is of the utmost importance. Kaepernick showed some defiance with his Instagram rant that the hat wasn’t a big deal, but later put out a picture of him in 49ers gear.
No matter what anyone thinks, he’s not likely to make the same mistake ever again.
Photo Credit: Greg M. Cooper/USA TODAY Sports
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014