- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Kings among several teams eyeing Greg Oden
- Updated: July 15, 2013
The Sacramento Kings are among several teams vying for ex-Portland Trail Blazers No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden this offseason, according to ESPN.com.
Meetings with Oden are scheduled to begin this week in Las Vegas, the home of the NBA’s Summer League. The Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat are all thought to be teams looking at bringing him in to round out their respective rosters.
Oden’s last game was on December 5, 2009 before knee issues that plagued him throughout his short career forced him to sit out the next several seasons. He is now healthy and ready to resume his playing career although many questions about his ability to remain in the air. In two seasons, Oden played 82 games and averaged 9.4 points and 7.4 rebounds.
The Kings are $1 million under the salary cap in 2013 and would have a $2.65 million exception remaining that they could conceivably offer him. Sacramento could amnesty John Salmons and free up an additional $7.58 million to have more options. With DeMarcus Cousins firmly entrenched in the starting center role, Oden would compete immediately for the primary backup position along with Chuck Hayes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014