- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
Kings among several teams eyeing Greg Oden
- Updated: July 15, 2013
The Sacramento Kings are among several teams vying for ex-Portland Trail Blazers No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden this offseason, according to ESPN.com.
Meetings with Oden are scheduled to begin this week in Las Vegas, the home of the NBA’s Summer League. The Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat are all thought to be teams looking at bringing him in to round out their respective rosters.
Oden’s last game was on December 5, 2009 before knee issues that plagued him throughout his short career forced him to sit out the next several seasons. He is now healthy and ready to resume his playing career although many questions about his ability to remain in the air. In two seasons, Oden played 82 games and averaged 9.4 points and 7.4 rebounds.
The Kings are $1 million under the salary cap in 2013 and would have a $2.65 million exception remaining that they could conceivably offer him. Sacramento could amnesty John Salmons and free up an additional $7.58 million to have more options. With DeMarcus Cousins firmly entrenched in the starting center role, Oden would compete immediately for the primary backup position along with Chuck Hayes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014