- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Kings among several teams eyeing Greg Oden
- Updated: July 15, 2013
The Sacramento Kings are among several teams vying for ex-Portland Trail Blazers No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden this offseason, according to ESPN.com.
Meetings with Oden are scheduled to begin this week in Las Vegas, the home of the NBA’s Summer League. The Dallas Mavericks, New Orleans Pelicans, San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat are all thought to be teams looking at bringing him in to round out their respective rosters.
Oden’s last game was on December 5, 2009 before knee issues that plagued him throughout his short career forced him to sit out the next several seasons. He is now healthy and ready to resume his playing career although many questions about his ability to remain in the air. In two seasons, Oden played 82 games and averaged 9.4 points and 7.4 rebounds.
The Kings are $1 million under the salary cap in 2013 and would have a $2.65 million exception remaining that they could conceivably offer him. Sacramento could amnesty John Salmons and free up an additional $7.58 million to have more options. With DeMarcus Cousins firmly entrenched in the starting center role, Oden would compete immediately for the primary backup position along with Chuck Hayes.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014