- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
Lakers sign Nick Young to 1-year deal
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Young in his five years in the NBA has played for the Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers and spent the first three years of his career with the Washington Wizards, who selected him with the 16th overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft.
In the 2012-13 season, Young in 59 games averaged 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 23.9 minutes per game.
Young didn’t waste time responding to the news of the signing via Twitter:
Lakers Nation what up
— Nick Young (@NickSwagyPYoung) July 11, 2013
The Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak also announced the signing in a press release Thursday.
“At 6’7,” Nick’s size, ability to create his own shot and athleticism make him a versatile player who will give our lineup multiple looks on the floor,” said Kupchak. “He’s an exciting player, and we’re excited to have him on our roster.”
The addition of Young provides the Lakers with a backup shooting guard and potential fill-in starter if Kobe Bryant where to miss any time this upcoming season. The Lakers this offseason have signed former Dallas Mavericks center Chris Kaman and former Brooklyn Nets guard Jordan Farmar, and re-signed center Robert Sacre.
Young is a Southern California native from the LA Valley who played three years collegiately at USC before making his way to the NBA. He potentially could have earned more on the open market but took a relative home town discount to play for the Lakers.
Photo Credit: Tumblr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Jeremy Lin aiming to create a new legacy with Lakers - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Rip City jerseys will have sleeves in 2014-15 - July 24, 2014
- Blazers news: Thomas Robinson has thumb surgery - July 23, 2014