- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Lakers sign Nick Young to 1-year deal
- Updated: July 12, 2013
Young in his five years in the NBA has played for the Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia 76ers and spent the first three years of his career with the Washington Wizards, who selected him with the 16th overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft.
In the 2012-13 season, Young in 59 games averaged 10.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 23.9 minutes per game.
Young didn’t waste time responding to the news of the signing via Twitter:
Lakers Nation what up
— Nick Young (@NickSwagyPYoung) July 11, 2013
The Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak also announced the signing in a press release Thursday.
“At 6’7,” Nick’s size, ability to create his own shot and athleticism make him a versatile player who will give our lineup multiple looks on the floor,” said Kupchak. “He’s an exciting player, and we’re excited to have him on our roster.”
The addition of Young provides the Lakers with a backup shooting guard and potential fill-in starter if Kobe Bryant where to miss any time this upcoming season. The Lakers this offseason have signed former Dallas Mavericks center Chris Kaman and former Brooklyn Nets guard Jordan Farmar, and re-signed center Robert Sacre.
Young is a Southern California native from the LA Valley who played three years collegiately at USC before making his way to the NBA. He potentially could have earned more on the open market but took a relative home town discount to play for the Lakers.
Photo Credit: Tumblr
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 51: Seahawks keep rolling, Padres get Justin Upton - December 22, 2014
- Can the Lakers find a balance for Kobe Bryant’s health? - December 21, 2014
- 5 things learned from Lakers 104-103 loss to Thunder - December 20, 2014