- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Warriors sign Marreese Speights to three-year deal
- Updated: July 10, 2013
In the 2012-13 season, Speights spent the first 40 games with the Memphis Grizzles where he averaged 6.6 points and 4.7 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game. He was then traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers where he played in 39 games averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game.
Speights before last season spent his first three season in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers, where was selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
The versatile 6’10″ big man can play both the power forward and center position with the ability to be effective in the mid-range game.
The addition of the 25-year-old forward to the Warriors brings much needed size and bench depth after the team traded forward Richard Jefferson, guard Brandon Rush and center Andris Biedrins to the Utah Jazz this offseason.
Speights’ deal will not be officially completed until after July 10 when the NBA moratorium is lifted.
Photo Credit: NBA.com