- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
Warriors sign Marreese Speights to three-year deal
- Updated: July 10, 2013
In the 2012-13 season, Speights spent the first 40 games with the Memphis Grizzles where he averaged 6.6 points and 4.7 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game. He was then traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers where he played in 39 games averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game.
Speights before last season spent his first three season in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers, where was selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
The versatile 6’10” big man can play both the power forward and center position with the ability to be effective in the mid-range game.
The addition of the 25-year-old forward to the Warriors brings much needed size and bench depth after the team traded forward Richard Jefferson, guard Brandon Rush and center Andris Biedrins to the Utah Jazz this offseason.
Speights’ deal will not be officially completed until after July 10 when the NBA moratorium is lifted.
Photo Credit: NBA.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Xavier Henry injury: Lakers forward seeks 2nd opinion on knee - October 19, 2014
- Lakers must remain patient with Julius Randle - October 19, 2014
- 5 things we learned from Lakers’ 119-86 loss to Jazz - October 17, 2014