- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Warriors sign Marreese Speights to three-year deal
- Updated: July 10, 2013
In the 2012-13 season, Speights spent the first 40 games with the Memphis Grizzles where he averaged 6.6 points and 4.7 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game. He was then traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers where he played in 39 games averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game.
Speights before last season spent his first three season in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers, where was selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
The versatile 6’10” big man can play both the power forward and center position with the ability to be effective in the mid-range game.
The addition of the 25-year-old forward to the Warriors brings much needed size and bench depth after the team traded forward Richard Jefferson, guard Brandon Rush and center Andris Biedrins to the Utah Jazz this offseason.
Speights’ deal will not be officially completed until after July 10 when the NBA moratorium is lifted.
Photo Credit: NBA.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers get the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NBA draft - May 19, 2015
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 20: Warriors advance to West Finals, 49ers’ Justin Smith retires - May 19, 2015
- Lakers’ future could hinge on 2015 draft - May 18, 2015