- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Warriors sign Marreese Speights to three-year deal
- Updated: July 10, 2013
In the 2012-13 season, Speights spent the first 40 games with the Memphis Grizzles where he averaged 6.6 points and 4.7 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game. He was then traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers where he played in 39 games averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game.
Speights before last season spent his first three season in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers, where was selected with the 16th overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft.
The versatile 6’10” big man can play both the power forward and center position with the ability to be effective in the mid-range game.
The addition of the 25-year-old forward to the Warriors brings much needed size and bench depth after the team traded forward Richard Jefferson, guard Brandon Rush and center Andris Biedrins to the Utah Jazz this offseason.
Speights’ deal will not be officially completed until after July 10 when the NBA moratorium is lifted.
Photo Credit: NBA.com
Bob Garcia IV
Latest posts by Bob Garcia IV (see all)
- Lakers must fix defensive problems - November 23, 2014
- Klay Thompson would’ve left school early to join Lakers - November 19, 2014
- Lakers Ryan Kelly to miss at least 6 weeks with torn hamstring - November 19, 2014