- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Monta Ellis has Sacramento Kings among four potential suitors
- Updated: July 9, 2013
A decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career is expected to come within the next 36 to 48 hours, when he’ll likely seek a contract in the area of $36 million for three years, which is what he turned down to become unrestricted this summer. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats round out the remaining teams vying for his services.
Sacramento already made Ellis a contract offer, but in order to get closer to the number he’s looking for, the team is reportedly shopping Marcus Thornton. Kings head coach Mike Malone coached Ellis when he was an assistant with the Golden State Warriors and Ellis was a budding star.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ellis has the highest career points per game of any player in league history at 19.4. With the Dwight Howard saga out of the picture, all eyes are now on Ellis and where he will make his next NBA home.
Photo by Keith Allison / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015