- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
- Are NFL teams mishandling quarterbacks in 2014?
Monta Ellis has Sacramento Kings among four potential suitors
- Updated: July 9, 2013
A decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career is expected to come within the next 36 to 48 hours, when he’ll likely seek a contract in the area of $36 million for three years, which is what he turned down to become unrestricted this summer. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats round out the remaining teams vying for his services.
Sacramento already made Ellis a contract offer, but in order to get closer to the number he’s looking for, the team is reportedly shopping Marcus Thornton. Kings head coach Mike Malone coached Ellis when he was an assistant with the Golden State Warriors and Ellis was a budding star.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ellis has the highest career points per game of any player in league history at 19.4. With the Dwight Howard saga out of the picture, all eyes are now on Ellis and where he will make his next NBA home.
Photo by Keith Allison / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014