- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Monta Ellis has Sacramento Kings among four potential suitors
- Updated: July 9, 2013
A decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career is expected to come within the next 36 to 48 hours, when he’ll likely seek a contract in the area of $36 million for three years, which is what he turned down to become unrestricted this summer. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats round out the remaining teams vying for his services.
Sacramento already made Ellis a contract offer, but in order to get closer to the number he’s looking for, the team is reportedly shopping Marcus Thornton. Kings head coach Mike Malone coached Ellis when he was an assistant with the Golden State Warriors and Ellis was a budding star.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ellis has the highest career points per game of any player in league history at 19.4. With the Dwight Howard saga out of the picture, all eyes are now on Ellis and where he will make his next NBA home.
Photo by Keith Allison / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014