- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Monta Ellis has Sacramento Kings among four potential suitors
- Updated: July 9, 2013
A decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career is expected to come within the next 36 to 48 hours, when he’ll likely seek a contract in the area of $36 million for three years, which is what he turned down to become unrestricted this summer. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats round out the remaining teams vying for his services.
Sacramento already made Ellis a contract offer, but in order to get closer to the number he’s looking for, the team is reportedly shopping Marcus Thornton. Kings head coach Mike Malone coached Ellis when he was an assistant with the Golden State Warriors and Ellis was a budding star.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ellis has the highest career points per game of any player in league history at 19.4. With the Dwight Howard saga out of the picture, all eyes are now on Ellis and where he will make his next NBA home.
Photo by Keith Allison / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015