- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited
- 49ers Anquan Boldin credits Michael Crabtree for big game vs. Seahawks
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
Monta Ellis has Sacramento Kings among four potential suitors
- Updated: July 9, 2013
A decision on where he’ll spend the next several years of his career is expected to come within the next 36 to 48 hours, when he’ll likely seek a contract in the area of $36 million for three years, which is what he turned down to become unrestricted this summer. The Atlanta Hawks, Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats round out the remaining teams vying for his services.
Sacramento already made Ellis a contract offer, but in order to get closer to the number he’s looking for, the team is reportedly shopping Marcus Thornton. Kings head coach Mike Malone coached Ellis when he was an assistant with the Golden State Warriors and Ellis was a budding star.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ellis has the highest career points per game of any player in league history at 19.4. With the Dwight Howard saga out of the picture, all eyes are now on Ellis and where he will make his next NBA home.
Photo by Keith Allison / Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013
- Blazers news: Wesley Matthews says he’ll enter 3-point contest if invited - December 9, 2013
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013